Before Pics :'(

Options
2»

Replies

• vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Patience is the only advice I can give you, when I started it was a brief burst of downward movement then slow and steady since, 4 1/2 months in I am down 35 pounds but the fitness difference is amazing. I'm seeing muscles that dissappeared 30 years ago, lol. Takes a long time to put it on, and a long time to take it off, so be patient, it takes time for your body to get used to a new routine. If you are doing the 30DS remember not to undereat. I see folks all the time doing 800 calorie workouts and eating a 1,000 calories, geez.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Oh and 30 Day Shred and Zumba work great!!! You picked some awesome workouts to do!!!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • mollymees
    Options
    Use that as motivation! Just think about how awesome the 'after picture' will be :)

Good luck in your journey!
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I need to go and buy myself a tape measure, the only 1 I have is metal so not really suitable to be measuring my body lol x
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking the before pics!! It's a really tough wake up call, but you'll need them when a month later you're not really sure if you've made any progress or not. It's hard (for me at least) to see those changes without comparing pictures.

And definitely take measurements! Sometimes the scale won't move but you will lose inches.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    Don't HOPE it works - MAKE it work.

it's a lifestyle change - isn't it about living healthier, and having a better life?

there's no perfect size or perfect body - even those we think have perfect bodies have body hang ups.....

We need a "LIKE" button! :happy:

Yes we do
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    "Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out." ~~ Robert Collier.

You CAN do this....just make the commitment to yourself! Set goals for yourself....daily, monthly, and long term. Weight loss is simple, but not easy! Follow your plan and above all, STICK WITH IT! You can do it! You'll be so glad you did! Have a wonderful weight loss journey....it's WELL worth the effort! The brand new you is just waiting around the corner :D

http://www.transformingabetterme.blogspot.com/
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I took my before pics this morning and looking at them actually made me want to cry :'( I look horrendous!!! I'm a UK size 12 but as I am only 5ft 3 it is just horrible. I started the 30 Day Shred this morning, I REALLY hope this works! Am also doing workouts on the WII along with Zumba and resistance! Any motivation welcome! Jen x
    I never took a before picture and I kind of regret it now because I cant see my progress . I can feel it and it's in the fit of my clothes, but very well done on this first step.
    even though it's not great it is great motivation.
    well done and good luck
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You will be in tears in a few months but happy tears to see the progress you've made, trust me! My only regret was never taking before pics. Many people skip the before pics because of how emotional it can be, I know I did! Be proud you took that pic, that's the first step to changing. My advice is to count EVERY calorie, EVERY single one and know that moderation is key. I ate everything, burgers, fries, pizza...... ALL with a budget. You can still have a cookie, IF you have that much in calories left for the day. BEWARE...... exercise is addicting!! :-) I found that after the first 4 days of torture that it becomes fun and something that is no longer a chore (granted sometimes the first 10 minutes of a workout I'd disagree hehe) Don't deprive yourself and know that the picture you took today is just the beginning of a journey with that being a huge step. Look at the pic and know that you will never be there again. Good luck!! :-)

SW 155.1
    GW and CW 112.0
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart we have all had those moments...I started at 5'1" and 230lbs! It is a lifestyle change and journey...just stay dedicated! And in time you will be able to look back at those pictures and know that that is who you WERE and not who you ARE! Make it the last time you look that way:flowerforyou: We are all here for you!

:heart: this. So true and sweetly said!
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    Looking at pictures always seem to put things into perspective. I know you are sad right now, but be happy that you are ready to do something about it. You can do whatever you put your mind to and just remember YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!! Good luck!
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    Thank you, I am off to buy a measuring tape after work now!! WIll take my measurements as soon as I am home this evening! My legs feel fine now, but I suppose tomorrow with be the tell tale sign! Am actually quite looking forward to doing day 2 in the morning x
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I can send you my before picture. Put it next to your before picture and you'll be skinny! :laugh:
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    my dh took mine the other night and took them from the looking up angle....horrid. lol. im going to take new ones. i know compared to last summer i am 12 pounds smaller but the pictures still look terrible...but they are an eye opener