Thought I'd share!

Options
AwesomelyAmber
AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
As we all know, NO ONE eats 1/2 cup of ice cream in a serving! Last night my eight year old told me "warm spring days are PERFECT ice cream days, mom". :smile: While dishing out some for him, I was overwhelmed with "WANT" for some too:blushing: . I looked at the calories (130 for 1/2 cup) and thought "I can make this work for me!" I had light cool whip it the fridge and some chocolate syrup. Instead of a bowl, I took one of my wine glasses (a super pretty one because presentation with your food is EVERYTHING!) using a teaspoon, I measured 1/4 cup icecream and dollopped some cool whip on top, added another 1/4 cup ice cream and added another serving of cool whip. Then I drizzled just enough chocolate to make it fancy. By the time I was finished this amazing dessert was right around 210 calories. :bigsmile: It would have been less if I had light ice cream, fat free cool whip and fat free or sugar free chocolate... but it was all "high test".
(It's funny how last year at this time an ice cream sundae would have 'cost' me no less than 500-600 cals.)

Replies

• kdrew1
    kdrew1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV! I think it is important to recognize the small accomplishments/changes in attitude from your "before" life. I love that you were smart about it and thought about what you could fit into your food goals for the day instead of just indulging and regretting it later. Ice cream & sweets in general are one thing that I cannot give up b/c I would seriously lose my sanity, but I just make sure to account for them in my diary and go on my merry way. :)

Great job!
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!! Instead of trying to completely resist the tempation and eventually giving in (at least this is what I'd do) you compromised with yourself and had a delicious treat within your calories. I'm proud of you. :flowerforyou:
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    And I'm sure it looked great too. You're right, presentation is EVERYTHING!! Funny how so little can feel so wonderful if presented right. Thanks for that info. I'll try it.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Thanks ladies! You definately should Peggy! It was YUMMY! :)
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I've thought about your post several times today. ha ha ha... Stop that. (slaps hand reaching for ice cream)!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options

I've thought about your post several times today. ha ha ha... Stop that. (slaps hand reaching for ice cream)!!

Awww :wink: I'm sorry!
  • genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is the difference between just a diet and a life time journey........I hope to get to that point one day, changing my way of looking at food.....what a great motivation this has been, thanks for sharing!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Darn right! I'm still going to eat ice cream and junk. That's just the facts of my life... Gotta make this work and you WILL get to that point! Just being here is enough to show that you want it :flowerforyou: