Finally! The best Running Shoe on the market!

Options
2»

Replies

• Vernswifevickie
    Vernswifevickie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is the best advice ever! When I started the C25K program I went to Roadrunner Sports (running store) and had a professional fitting and got the custom fitted insoles. I ran on a treadmill & answered a bunch of questions....the guy doing the fitting was so helpful and didn't make me feel like a newbie...he was really encouraging about my endeavor to start running. I ended up spending around $150.00 for shoes and insoles and I consider it possibly the best value I've ever gotten for my money.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    just for reference...how much are we talking here? 100-200 dollars?
    I'm new to running. Already feeling like I've got sore feet and shins. Thing is I really don't want to become a marathoner- just some 5K's. I guess, I'm trying to justify what the expense would be, kwim?

Angie

That's pretty much exactly the range. Most of the shoes I looked at ended up being in the $130 range. But I saw some on the shelves for around $100, and others higher. Plus some pairs of good running socks (I know, I know, but seriously, they also do help a lot) I ended up right under $200 out the door. And I couldn't be happier that I did it. They're officially the most expensive shoes I own, by a very long shot. But it's been worth every single penny, and then some.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Can we get this stickied?
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I think you are one target, but I would go a bit farther and research what type of runner you are. How much you weigh, etc. In other words, the running store could fit me with a motion control tank like the Brooks Beast, or fit you with the latest fad in minimalist running. 4mm heel to toe drop or 12? Or 0? Are you a heel striker or do you land on your mid-foot? You can be fitted for all of them, but some may just get you injured, so be careful out there kids. The advice for a fitting is great, but dig deep and give them all of the factors that they will need, in case they don't ask, to help get you into the right shoes for you. When I was 17 and 147lbs, I could wear anything. It didn't matter. If you have a good arch you can wear a neutral, a stability, a motion control or a minimalist shoe. But I'm heavier now with 47 year old arches. And I love love love my Brooks Beasts! :o)