NSV!!! Completed Half Marathon

Options

Replies

• runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    no stopping you now!! The half is my absolute favorite distance. congrats!!! it is a huge accomplishment!!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a great benchmark time to set. Happy running!
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    So excited for you!! I'm currently training for my first half too. May 6th. I run a 7 mi this weekend and then increase one mile each week until THE DAY. I'm nervous (don't want to make a fool of myself) but excited too. Running it with people that have done these things before and are so encouraging. Hope to finish in 3 hrs but with my current times everyone is saying I should be under that. Once I get this 7 mi under my belt I think I will relax about it and just enjoy the journey.

Thanks for the post - got me super pumped!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Killer!!!
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats on not taking no for an answer. I hope to one day post the same NSV here, but I have a little ways to go since my first 5k is this weekend. You are motivating!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! I would have never understood your enthusiasm until yesterday. I have NEVER been a runner but did Day 1 of the C2K5 challenge and I am super pumped about it!!
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    That is sooo awesome!!! Do you have any tips? How do you train for hill running? I am doing my first half-marathon on May 5th and I heard the couse is hilly. Congratulations! What an awesome feeling; I can only imagine! Until May 5th! :wink:

If the course is hilly, you need to train on hills. I would find a hilly route and run that at least once a week. I did a lot of hill training over the summer at a local park that is ALL hills. Plus, where I live there is no real flat roads. So, all my runs have hills. Runner's World has some great hill running tips. Google search it and you will get lots of results. The best advice I can give you is to do the hills and be ready. Let me know how it goes! :)
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats on not taking no for an answer. I hope to one day post the same NSV here, but I have a little ways to go since my first 5k is this weekend. You are motivating!

Awesome!! Good luck! :)
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! I would have never understood your enthusiasm until yesterday. I have NEVER been a runner but did Day 1 of the C2K5 challenge and I am super pumped about it!!

Love it!!! Keep at it and you will do great!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! I too have been told all of my life that I can't do things like this due to health issues, etc. Well guess what?! I completely my first ever 5k this weekend, and I ran the whole thing!! ( 2 firsts for me). I am looking forward to doing a half in a few months and going all the way to a full!! There is no stopping yourself once you stop setting your own limits!! Woowhooo!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    FanTASTIC!!!! I'm so pumped for you!!! I'm 41, and running my first 1/2 in a month. Reading this made me a little less nervous, and a lot more excited. I'm hoping to finish in that kind of time, too.

You earned this. CELEBRATE!!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm running my first 10K next month. I still haven't wrapped my head around running a half yet!!
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    You are AWESOME!!! Congrats to your run!! Outstanding time!!!! Very insperational! I had just ran my first 5k last Friday and I can't imagine running for 2.5 hours straight...lol. I'd like to get there though. Its going to take me a long time to get there. I am so proud of you. You really whooped some *kitten* out there!!! Great job!!!!
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    That's such a fantastic accomplishment! I'm running my first 10 k soon. I hope I someday get to where you are!
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    Amazing!!! I too have been told all of my life that I can't do things like this due to health issues, etc. Well guess what?! I completely my first ever 5k this weekend, and I ran the whole thing!! ( 2 firsts for me). I am looking forward to doing a half in a few months and going all the way to a full!! There is no stopping yourself once you stop setting your own limits!! Woowhooo!

Love that!! SO true! Don't take no for an answer and set your own limits!
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    You are AWESOME!!! Congrats to your run!! Outstanding time!!!! Very insperational! I had just ran my first 5k last Friday and I can't imagine running for 2.5 hours straight...lol. I'd like to get there though. Its going to take me a long time to get there. I am so proud of you. You really whooped some *kitten* out there!!! Great job!!!!

You will be there before you know it and WTG on the first 5K. So proud of you Kreat! :)
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    A few people have asked me about my training plan. There are a lot out there and I looked at a lot. I finally settled on Runner's World's plan to run your best half marathon. It's pretty intense and I loved it. I will probably use the intermediate level for my next one. I used the beginners this time. When I started my long run was 10-11 miles but it wants you to be able to run 5 comfortably. Here's the link: http://www.runnersworld.com/rwdcaspdf/HalfMarathon.pdf
  • amhamlin
    amhamlin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! That's my big goal in May. I want to run the RnR half in Portland... actually I'm GONNA run it. :) I'm very excited for you. Keep on running.:)
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Don't you love it when people tell you you can't do something. I am so happy for you and you know that. CONGRATULATIONS! And also wanted to thank you for getting me into running, if it wasn't for your push, motivation and inspiration, i wouldn't be running. Again thank you and i will see you soon.
    Love Ya
  • missfayefaye
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! I just started running and can only do 4 miles. I want to do a marathon one day. You are inspiring me to keep working towards my goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!