Asparagus rubber band and other weird things we use to "tail

Replies

• mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 419 Member
    I use a belt.
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    These are all great ideas seeing as none of my clothes fit anymore!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 856 Member
    i had to put safety pins in the dressy tank top i am wearing today. i got to work and realized it is too big and keeps falling down, showing off too much cleavage for work :)
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Buy dresses! You get more wear out of them before they fall off! ;)

I also use my belly band from pregnancy to keep pants up, but my pants are now almost too loose for that to work. I have also tried the binder clip idea and it didn't work at all!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I use a tailor.
    -wtk
    Last time I did that it cost me $60 to take in a $26 pair of pants...That's what you get when there is ONE sewing shop in a decent size town.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    It isn't to weird, but it's one of the only As Seen On Tv products I've bought

perfect-fit-button.jpg

You can but the button where ever to make your pants fit, I've used it to keep pants that are an extra size or two bigger before I give them away. Get as much use out of the pants as I can.
    QFT.
    I love these.
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Fortuntaly (or unfortunatly, depending on on how you want to look at it), my hips keep my too-big pants from falling off. :)
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Only used belts for pants so far.. but I have a really pretty cami that is much too big even with the adjustable straps at their shortest, so I put a paper clip on them to turn it into a racerback. It's perfect!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Turn a garment inside out, put it on, and with the help of a friend, put safety pins that leave enough space in the garment for your comfort. Run a sowing machine along the line of pins et voilà, a cheap tailoring job.

Of course, I would prefer not to wear clothes that did not fit. So I might've just bought new pants.
    -wtk
  • Hahaha I totally used a binder clip on a pair of shorts when I was bartendng one night. Needless to say, it didn't stay too well and my shorts were about 3 sizes too large and I almost gave a few people sitting around the bar a good show.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    I had the opposite problem when I was pregnant! I was so small that maternity clothes didn't fit until about month 8!
    I had to loop ponytail holders through my button holes, put saftey pins to move hook closures and such
  • daewynn
    daewynn Posts: 8
    ponytail elastics and staples are a girls best friend. I have also "cheat" tailored...using one or two stitches where there should be many more. It works for the quick fix.
  • LadyBuell
    LadyBuell Posts: 164
    I have used paperclips and also stapled hems or used tape when they came out while I was at work but I think the oddest thing I used, on my son, was a zip tie. I forget exactly why I did that but I did.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    stapler!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    So glad I'm a guy. I just cinch my belt up another notch.
  • ChaosMoosie
    ChaosMoosie Posts: 77 Member
    BUNGEE Cords!!! lol! Get the little short ones with the little stainless steel hooks and make SURE to point the hooks to the outside!
  • ChaosMoosie
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    I just get out the sewing maching and take up the sides of the pants. I've done that twice on some of mine.

Now my new ones are starting to sag around thigh/crotch area :bigsmile: I'm not complaining....even if the scale says nothing has changed, my dang clothes show that things ARE changing!!
  • ChaosMoosie
    So glad I'm a guy. I just cinch my belt up another notch.

I ran out of holes in the belt!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    Use my sewing machine and safety pins mostly. HOWEVER when gaining (eg while pregnant or refusing to give up pants I out grew) I would loop a hair band through the button hole to use as a button hole extender. Used those for up to 2 holes on button fly levis.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!