Hey everyone!

Options
I'm new here and I'm just posting to say hello! I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds that I've been saying I needed to get rid of for months. Hopefully this will finally be my opportunity to do so :)

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP. :)
  • JWarner1173
    Options
    Welcome and Goodluck! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and I'm just posting to say hello! I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds that I've been saying I needed to get rid of for months. Hopefully this will finally be my opportunity to do so :)

Hi C, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • jigs
    jigs Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi and welcome, C

You've come to the right place to lose weight (and meet like minded folks). I've only been on here a few weeks and I'm seeing a difference. Mostly due to seeing how my food choices and (lack of) exercise affect my weight.
    I try to follow BrenNew's advice to log food before I eat it. I've been beating my 20 min/day exercise goal so I have more room for calories. :laugh: I've made new friends at work by inviting a friend in another department to walk with me at 10 and 3. She invited a couple of her co-workers and wa-la I have two new friends. I'd rather gain friends than weight!!
  • amberly5
    amberly5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Okay so i have been doing this thingy for like 4days now
    I havnt done to well ive been going over on my calories
    Except Yesterday and i am starting to do better
    So my advice is give it a week or two before u decide to give up...
    Note: Peanut Butter is a HUGE calorie NO NO
    ANd i am a sucker for peanut butter! I love it!
    :heart:

I Have been doing the Excercises though and it helps!!!
    Well anywas! Check back in a week or so and let u know how it's goin for me!
    :bigsmile: AJ :bigsmile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, C

You've come to the right place to lose weight (and meet like minded folks). I've only been on here a few weeks and I'm seeing a difference. Mostly due to seeing how my food choices and (lack of) exercise affect my weight.
    I try to follow BrenNew's advice to log food before I eat it. I've been beating my 20 min/day exercise goal so I have more room for calories. :laugh: I've made new friends at work by inviting a friend in another department to walk with me at 10 and 3. She invited a couple of her co-workers and wa-la I have two new friends. I'd rather gain friends than weight!!

Awww, I think it's terrific that you're getting exercise AND making new friends Christina! Good for you! Keep up the great job you're doing! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    hello, welcome to the best fight of your life! It is not easy, changing bad habits is the first step, after commitment of course! If I can do this anybody can! just don't expect it to happen over night, and above all do not give up!