Has anyone ever been on

Options
kaylamayers
kaylamayers Posts: 26 Member
the birth control pill Microgestin? All I know is, I've lost 20 pounds and then two months after I started taking it, I gained three pounds back. I've been working my butt off for the past three weeks with my weight not budging at all, and if it does, it's to move up. I was reading some forums about it and almost everyone said that they had weight gain from it. One person said they gained 15 pounds in 5 months even though they were working out more than ever and eating 1200-1500 calories a day. All I know is I did not work my *kitten* off (literally) to lose 20 pounds just to gain it all back. I just want to know other people's opinions on it. I just quit taking these pills in case you were wondering.

Replies

• Navymom3
    Navymom3 Posts: 3
    Options
    I was on loestrin and I started slowly gaining back the weight I lost. I recently switched to the generic of Orthotricyclen, which is called Trinessa, and I have started to lose again. Certain hormones in your body will affect people differently and it is definitely possible for a pill to cause weight gain. If you are unhappy with it then switch pills! There are plenty of different forms of BC on the market right now :)
  • kaylamayers
    kaylamayers Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think I'm about to get Paragard. I've heard mostly good things about it, and it's hormone free so that's a plus for me.