So Confused!!!!

Options
I am going on my 4th week of Bikini Boot Camp (Absolutely Addicted to it). I try to eat about 1100 to 1200 calories everyday. I drink close to a gallon of water a day, and I am not seeing any results! I know it is a slow process, but really, not even my clothes are fitting differently. I am getting so discouraged. Am I doing something wrong??!!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Yes, apparently you are doing something wrong.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Try eating more?
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Is that your net calories? then you are not eating enough to fuel your workouts....
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough calories for your body to function.
  • AmandaLAcosta
    Options
    I dont think you are eating enough
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Here is a guide for setting weekly weight loss goals, and on top of that you should eat back the cals you burn from exercise:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Try eating more?

^definitely this.
  • Cjoslin84
    Options
    See! I go off of all these calorie calculators that say I need to stay within 1200 calories. So how do I determine how many calories I should eat? And thank you...all of you!!
  • JLArispe
    JLArispe Posts: 62
    Options
    What is your daily calorie goal? If your goal is lets say 1400, but you are eating 1100-1200 and working out, then you are not fueling your body enough. Your body goes into a starvation mode and will then hold on to the stored fat. It may also be the types of foods you are eating...watch your sugar and fat intake as well. Sugar turns into fat, which is not what you want. And also watch when you eat your last meal, you should have your biggest meal of that day at lunch and eat a small light meal for dinner around 6pm, this will give your body time to burn calories longer and eat within one hour of working out as you are still burning those calories.
  • JLArispe
    JLArispe Posts: 62
    Options
    You can change your own calorie goals.
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    calculate your BMR, and eat that amount of calories for a couple weeks and see what happens. When you work out, you need to eat more!

EDIT: eat at your BMR plus your exercise calories!!!!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    What? You are supposed to eat exercise calories back? Why wasn't this ever brought up on here before today? :noway:
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You need to net at least 1200 calories. Eat more to fuel those workouts.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I'd say definitely eat more, maybe your exercise calories, or at least half.
  • Mibs131
    Mibs131 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with this same issue. Used to be I could cut out sweets and increase exercise and voila!! Not this time.. All I can do is keep on doing the right stuff. Be sure to not limit calories too much or your body will go into conservation mode cuz it'll think you're starving and need to survive.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    See! I go off of all these calorie calculators that say I need to stay within 1200 calories. So how do I determine how many calories I should eat? And thank you...all of you!!

1200 NET calories is a bare minimum .... unless your are extremely petite. Those 1200 NET calories are already spoken for. A comatose person needs 1200 calories.

Net calories are: Calories in (food) VS. Calories Out (exercise). So, you eat 1600 calories & exercise for 400 calories ...... this is 1200 Net. Think of the extra calories as fuel for your workouts. You want to burn fat, NOT muscle.

You may need to tweak your exercise calories (lower) .... if you are using a "guesstimated" number.

Edited .... too many zeros
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    eat more
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    1. you need to change your goal to .5 to 1 lb per week because you only have 20 lbs to lose according to your ticker. It is not safe to have a 1000+ calorie deficit for some one who has that little to lose. A 500 to 250 deficit would be safer and give you better results.

I am guessing that it is 2lb per week based purely on your picture and goals. I apologize if I am incorrect.

2. you need to eat back your exercise calories.

3. once you figure out your goals go to tools and then calculate you BMR. You daily goal should be no less than your BMR because your BMR is what you need for your organs to function properly.

for example: I am 4' 11" and 140lbs. my BMR is 1400.
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You can edit your profile goals to your own preferred calorie goal, whatever that is (your choice, I won't judge....like others). Keep your food diary, then enter your exercises under the Exercise tab. Your food diary will automatically update with the calories you are allowed to consume. It you burn 1000 calories and log the exercise, your journal will update telling you that you can eat back those calories burned off during exercise.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Try eating more. I know that sounds crazy but I think your body maybe in starvation mode. Good luck!