Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Rice Cakes - low calorie topping options?

kiminikimkim
kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
I eat a plain rice cake everyday and I spread a Laughing Cow cheese wedge to add some taste. It is processed cheese and I'd like to switch to something healthier but still tasty.

Any suggestions on a topping would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• I'd suggest natural pb! It's delicious!
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    I also like a tbsp of natural PB on mine.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Salsa might also be tasty. I have never tried it on a rice cake though.
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    What do you think of Vegemite or Marmite? I like mine with avocado and Vegemite. yum.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Natural peanut butter (or PB2 if the calories and fat from peanut butter don't fit into your day). Maybe "Simply Fruit" jams/spreads would be good too? Or how about your favorite flavor of Greek yogurt to add some protein to the mix?
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    http://www.amazon.com/Walden-Farms-Peanut-Calorie-Free-12-Ounce/dp/B000X1Q1G8

The Walden Farms no calorie spreads, I personally like them very much.

My favorites are: (i) combination of the peanut butter and the caramel spreads, (ii) the chocolate spread topped with raspberries and (iii) the chocolate spread mixed with a tiny bit of hazulnut butter (fake nutella, barely any calories).
  • JenChis22
    JenChis22 Posts: 25
    I like:
    any nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew, etc)
    jam
    cottage cheese
    greek yogurt
    hummus
    salsa
    cream cheese
    coconut oil
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    hummus and veggies
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    I have rice cakes for my mid day snack almost everyday. I switch between natural PB and natural chunky almond butter. Almond Butter is my favorite.
  • KahalaGal
    KahalaGal Posts: 112 Member
    2 tablespoons of hummus
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Hummus and fresh unpasturized kraut or kim chee...cultured veggies are great! Super healthy, like 7 calories and bursting with flavor :)