Just getting started

Options
Hello my screen name is sparkles1956. I just joined my fitness pal. Hope to achieve my weight loss goal of 30 lbs I will be at 180 lbs once that is achieved.. Will see how that goes. Anyone care to help me, be encouraging recipes that they would like to share. I just recently found out that I am a diabetic so keep that in my mine when sharing recipes.

Replies

• wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sure! Feel free to add me.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Check out: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/low-carb-recipes.html
    Since you are diabetic, this should help you watch your carbs! Good luck! AND you can add me as well! :happy:
  • Mibs131
    Mibs131 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I joined about a month ago. My weight thing is slow (I'm 50), but I've found this place to be helpful especially with tracking foods and the folks I've connected with are so encouraging. Feels good to give that back to them as well. Good luck!
  • dswood
    dswood Posts: 12
    Options
    Good luck to you! I started on this website as part of a program at my gym. I had back surgery 6 weeks ago, so I had to stop going to the gym for a while. :( I recently got back onto the site to control my weight. It creeps back on easily when you have limited to no exercise. I found that it is really helpful.. Don't beat yourself up if you go over your calorie count; at least you are getting into the habit of thinking about what you are eating. You will also find yourself becoming quite educated on your food choices.
    Make sure that someone qualified helps you set your daily calorie count. My nutritionist set it at one amount, and this site set it a few hundred calories lower. I arrived at a place inbetween, and that has worked for me.
    Good luck !
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just started as well. My calorie goal for everyday is 1200 and so far so good! I have been drinking nothing but water, I eat healthy snacks, and smaller portions for my meals. I try to exercise for an hour a day, and I also have stopped eating dinner so late! I'm actually excited to weigh myself on Saturday. My mother shared this with me, Check out this link for some recipes.
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/