Losing inches in hips

Options
Hey guys and gals
So my wedding is in September. I have what they called a pear shaped body. So I had to order my dress by my hip size which is way larger than my other measurments. Well the dress I ordered is 1 and 1/2 inches smaller than my hips. I could have ordered a bigger size but I knew I was on a journey to losing weight and wanted to continue it. So now in stressing about my wedding. Is it possible to lose 1 an 1/2 inches in my hips by September?

Measurments
34.5 breast
26.5 waist
44.5 hips

Replies

• Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think it's totally possible! I have lost 2 inches off my hips in the last 3 months without even trying! Good luck!
  • wish3s
    wish3s Posts: 14
    Options
    Definitely, that is 5 1/2 months away. You can definitely tone up and drop a couple inches in your thighs.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    i would say most definatly with LOTS of cardio!! I lost over an inch in a month doing the 30 day shred:) you can do it
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you trying to lose?
  • LHAMON2009
    Options
    I think it is possible. My suggestion is to try to find a free consult from a personal fitness trainer to target that area more specifically. Good luck and congrats on the wedding!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Lots of cardio and lunges & squats...till it burns!!!!

And then do more!

You got this! ;)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You can't specify where you lose it, but that seems pretty reasonable. I lost 3 inches off my hips in about 4 months. And you could always wear an undergarment to squeeze it all in. I wouldn't stress about it.
  • skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started doing The New Rules of Lifting For Women and I lost 2 inches in my hips after the first phase. I was ticked off about it because I wanted to keep my curves and that's the only place I had a significant loss but it might be something worth looking into :)
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Not to be a debbie downer but i say thats a lot of stress to put on yourself. i would just order my size and size down if need be.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i did 30DS and lost 2inches in my hips in 20days
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have lost almost 2 inches off from my hips since January without losing any weight. Mine was from running.
  • thechubner
    thechubner Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well - you can definitely lose weight all over and some of that will definitely come from your butt. There are exercises you can do to firm and tone the muscles in your hips, buns, and thighs. If you're willing to make the investment the Brazil Buttlift program they show on TV looks intruiging to me, but I havn't personally tried it (so I can't say for sure if it works or not). Some of the girls on the comercial claim to have lost significant weight in this area in as little as 60 days.

Here is an article that was in glamor that has some info and a slide show of various exercises. Maybe you could try them w/o buying anything. Good luck!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/16018-brazilian-butt-lift-exercises/
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    YES you can. Hard work pays off. Good luck and congrats on the wedding.

In 31 days I lost an inch i in my hips and one in thighs.
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    On day 20 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and have lost 1.5 inches on my hips. So definitly possible with hard work. You could probably loose more!!! Dont stress about it!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I have lost some off my hips by doing the Butt Bible dvd...set is like $18 on Amazon. Helps tone your butt and thighs too. I am pear shaped and this is the first thing that's really helped!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'd say totally! I've lost 4 inches from my hips since 20th Feb! (I've put my measurements up on my profile if you want to see :) ). I do 5 days of cardio (about an hour a day) plus some minor weight training/body weight stuff.

You can do it!! :)
  • MsLucyT
    MsLucyT Posts: 1
    Options
    I always notice a change in my tummy and hips when I cut back on my sugar and carb (pasta, rice, potatoes, bread) intake.
  • amena7
    amena7 Posts: 1
    Options
    you can definitely do that, there is more than enough time to lose 1 1/2 and even more inches off your hips! I have the same issue and am doing lots of cardio to tackle that area, along with weights.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Sure ya can. I'm down 4 inches on my hips in the last six months, and that's with being really half-assed about this since january. You've got this!
  • aqua_girl
    aqua_girl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is totally possible. Try doing some zumba or latin fusion, dances which really engage the hips. You will be melting away inches, plus firming and lifting the gluteus maximus.