Sept 20th Challege.......

Options

Replies

• meikathadiva
    Options
    Do you guys want to weigh in weekly on this forum?
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options

I think that would be great! How are Friday's for everyone?

Well I ate more then I planned last night :grumble: I didn't go over my calories :ohwell: but still ate more then I planned :frown:

On the plus side I had a good work out:smile: but I notice now that I am "lighter" then when I started the pace I kept before on the elliptical burns an average of 30 calories less per work out:ohwell: I was warned, but now I see what "they" mean when "they" say the leaner you are the harder you have to work if you want to loose whew I was exhausted :yawn:

I hope everyone had a successful day yesterday, and if not then today is a new day to start over :bigsmile:
  • MRSWESSON
    Options
    I'm game. We can do this. And I'm in San Diego.

YOU SO ROCK! :tongue:

Let me know when. By the way, you should come skating with me sometime.

OMG Heidi and I were talking about making a girls night out of skating too!!! I am available all weekend girl I love to walk at Rhoar park they have a trail that goes around the golf course and park area...we need to set up a play date for the kids too :bigsmile: maybe push them while we are walking for added exercise :wink:
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Well I ate more then I planned last night :grumble: I didn't go over my calories :ohwell: but still ate more then I planned :frown:

On the plus side I had a good work out:smile: but I notice now that I am "lighter" then when I started the pace I kept before on the elliptical burns an average of 30 calories less per work out:ohwell: I was warned, but now I see what "they" mean when "they" say the leaner you are the harder you have to work if you want to loose whew I was exhausted :yawn:

I hope everyone had a successful day yesterday, and if not then today is a new day to start over :bigsmile:

Well I walked last night almost 3 miles......and did lots of crunches..and didnt overeat either..YEA for me...and this morning I had oatmeal for breakfast and thats it!! Im going to walk at lunch time.....Im feeling pretty darn good..

• Queenie000
    Queenie000 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have a long ways to go and have been thinking about setting mini goals, this sounds like a great date for my first one, so i would love to join in with you guys. I am planning to be down to 250 by Sept 20th and would love to join. I have been weighing myself on thursdays, and excited that i am down almost 3lbs! I am aiming for 2 a week, worried if i lose too much weight too fast i will have lots of extra skin.
    I had a baby last august, gained a crazy 90 lbs to my already 200lb body and despite nursing my little one lost 30 gained back 15, so i have a long ways to go. I can't wait to get down to a healthy weight, i don't want my daughter to remember me as being overweight. I think she is more likely to have food/eating issues if one of her parents is overweight, as was the case in the house i grew up in.

Right now i am only walking, logging what i eat, and have biked a few times, i can't wait to lose a little more weight and will start spicing up my workouts a bit. I want to incorporate some free weights and have considered work out videos, but don't own any. I can't afford the gym, so i will have to get all my workouts in outside or in my living room. Any suggestions you guys have for exercise would be great. Keep in mind i will have my 11mo old with me.

Sw 275 July 09
    Lw 268.2 July 23
    Cw 265.4 July 30
    1st mini Gw Sept 20, 2009
    Gw 170 July 4th 2010

Thanks!
  • meikathadiva
    Options
    Friday is good for me. I have been eating well but I consume more protein than MFP suggest but I heard that it is ok as long as it isn't extreme amounts. I have been exercising everyday for 30 minutes (cardio) and I want to bring it up to an hour of cardio everyday and strength training 3 times a week.
  • MRSWESSON
    Options

Well I walked last night almost 3 miles......and did lots of crunches..and didnt overeat either..YEA for me...and this morning I had oatmeal for breakfast and thats it!! Im going to walk at lunch time.....Im feeling pretty darn good..

U go girl! :flowerforyou:
  • MRSWESSON
    Options
    I have a long ways to go and have been thinking about setting mini goals, this sounds like a great date for my first one, so i would love to join in with you guys. I am planning to be down to 250 by Sept 20th and would love to join. I have been weighing myself on thursdays, and excited that i am down almost 3lbs! I am aiming for 2 a week, worried if i lose too much weight too fast i will have lots of extra skin.
    I had a baby last august, gained a crazy 90 lbs to my already 200lb body and despite nursing my little one lost 30 gained back 15, so i have a long ways to go. I can't wait to get down to a healthy weight, i don't want my daughter to remember me as being overweight. I think she is more likely to have food/eating issues if one of her parents is overweight, as was the case in the house i grew up in.

Right now i am only walking, logging what i eat, and have biked a few times, i can't wait to lose a little more weight and will start spicing up my workouts a bit. I want to incorporate some free weights and have considered work out videos, but don't own any. I can't afford the gym, so i will have to get all my workouts in outside or in my living room. Any suggestions you guys have for exercise would be great. Keep in mind i will have my 11mo old with me.

Sw 275 July 09
    Lw 268.2 July 23
    Cw 265.4 July 30
    1st mini Gw Sept 20, 2009
    Gw 170 July 4th 2010

Thanks!

If you incorporate weight training along with your weight loss it is a good way to prevent extra skin, the more muscle you builds helps skins elasticity (if only it did the same for stretch marks :grumble:)
  • MRSWESSON
    Options
    Yay tomorrow will be out first official Weight in!!!
    Friday is good for me. I have been eating well but I consume more protein than MFP suggest but I heard that it is ok as long as it isn't extreme amounts. I have been exercising everyday for 30 minutes (cardio) and I want to bring it up to an hour of cardio everyday and strength training 3 times a week.

You know I might just increase my Cardio with you...I do 33 minutes (the elliptical I use automatically sets itself at 33 minutes for the weight loss program:ohwell: ) and burn 500 calories, but that is also doing 4 minutes on level 10 resistance and 4 minutes on level 15 resistance so I pretty much kill myself :sick:

Maybe I will start doing 45 minutes, or should I say 48 :wink:

I've been doing circuit training daily, which is basically weight training but I need to find something to work my arms that I like, I'm such a brat :tongue:
  • StVal
    StVal Posts: 91
    Options

OMG Heidi and I were talking about making a girls night out of skating too!!! I am available all weekend girl I love to walk at Rhoar park they have a trail that goes around the golf course and park area...we need to set up a play date for the kids too :bigsmile: maybe push them while we are walking for added exercise :wink:

Just let me know when. Alex would love that, but I think my dog needs the walk more than anyone. I walked 4 miles around Coronado Naval Base last night, in sand with a dog. It was rough, but so worth every minute of it.

I can skate on Saturday nights or Sunday afternoons. That's when the rink is open. They also have open/adult skate night every Tuesday. I usually go for about 1.5 hours. You should come with me, but I'm sure some of the girls will try to recruit you to play. hah
  • MRSWESSON
    Options

Just let me know when. Alex would love that, but I think my dog needs the walk more than anyone. I walked 4 miles around Coronado Naval Base last night, in sand with a dog. It was rough, but so worth every minute of it.

I can skate on Saturday nights or Sunday afternoons. That's when the rink is open. They also have open/adult skate night every Tuesday. I usually go for about 1.5 hours. You should come with me, but I'm sure some of the girls will try to recruit you to play. hah

GIRL...with my health there is no way I could roller derby! lol but i would love to get to the rink!!! My mom walks Coronado beach almost ever night with my Niece and Nephew (they are out here for the summer)
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Alright!! LETS DO THIS!

I wan't to try with you guys, my current weight right now is 238, I'm gonna try to get down to 220 September 20!! Which is good because fall quarter starts on the 21st! *wink*

Just wondering what people are planning on doing for exercise in order to lose this 15 lbs.

187745.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too. I have had a hard time getting back on track since my mom died on April 29 of this year. I just lost all of my motivation. I was down to 207.8 but when I weighed 1 1/2 weeks ago I was up to 213.2. I am going to get back on track and this is just the challenge I need to do this. Soooo....my goal is to lose 15 pounds by September 20. That would put me under 200 lbs where I have longed to be since my mom passed away. I need all the support I can get so I will be adding you all as friends. Thanks and we can do this.
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    im in!

and by sept 12th my bday id like to be 140
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, too!
    CW: 160
    GW: 155 by Sept. 14th, my hubby and I celebrate our second wedding anniversary a little late (9/8)!
  • meikathadiva
    Options
    Alright!! LETS DO THIS!

I wan't to try with you guys, my current weight right now is 238, I'm gonna try to get down to 220 September 20!! Which is good because fall quarter starts on the 21st! *wink*

Just wondering what people are planning on doing for exercise in order to lose this 15 lbs.

187745.png

I will be doing WII FIT and jogging everyday.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Alright!! LETS DO THIS!

187745.png

how is the Wii fit, I have heard a lot of people talk about that, do you recommend it? Does it calculate amount of calories you burn? I do workout mode on dance dance revolution sometimes just to see how many calories I have burned...it's really fun.
  • MRSWESSON
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!:bigsmile:

OK SO I TOTALLY OVERATE LAST NIGHT I WAS SSSTTTAAARRRRVVVIIINNNNGGG SO AFTER EATING EVERYTHING I PLANNED ON EATING FOR THE DAY I ATE NOT ONE BUT TWO CHICKEN FAJITA PITAS FROM JACK IN THE BOX :grumble:

I am ok with it, I was hungry, it was worth it, and it is not going to undo my overall progress so eh...

So today is WEIGHT IN DAY!!!:bigsmile:

I was 189.5 this morning, so I didn't loose since I last weighted in, but i haven't gained either so no complaints here:tongue: (especially since I been cheating all week :grumble: )

I wish everyone a successful and positive Friday!!!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!!

First Friday Weigh In.

Last week 150.2
    This week 146.6
    Goal weight for Sept 20th - 140 and completed 5K race.

I changed up my exercise this past week and had a super healthy weekend, so I've reaped the benefits this week. 3 previous weeks the scale had not moved at all. I don't expect this to be typical, but am enjoying it for now. Celebrated my BFF's birthday last night, had 3 Mich Ultras. I did leave calories for them but was my first alcohol in about 3 weeks, hopefully it won't have to negative of an effect.

Hope everyone has a great day and a fantstic weekend!
  • meikathadiva
    Options
    Alright!! LETS DO THIS!

187745.png

how is the Wii fit, I have heard a lot of people talk about that, do you recommend it? Does it calculate amount of calories you burn? I do workout mode on dance dance revolution sometimes just to see how many calories I have burned...it's really fun.

WII FIT is good it has yoga, strength training, aerobics, and balance games. It tracks your weight and BMI but is does not tell you how many calories burned. This is my biggest complaint about it, however there is a new one coming out this fall called WII FIT Plus and it is suppose to calculate the calories burned, and construct a workout routine that targets your weight loss areas. I looked on Nintendo.com and it says it should be released in the fall but does not give a date. I am definitely going to get the new WII FIT game when it comes out. I want to try dance revolution I heard it was fun.

Now for my weigh in, I just finished WII FIT and...

Last Week 7/24 155.9 lbs
    This Week 7/31 152.6 lbs (before exercise) 152.2 (After exercise)

3.3 POUNDS LOST! My goal is 140 pounds by Sept. 20th. My son turns 3 on Sept. 22nd and I would love to see all my family and friends on his birthday party (Sept. 26th) so they can see how good I look. LOL

Happy Friday Everyone and enjoy your weekend!