5'4" and size 16?

Options
How much do you weigh if you are this size? I'm curious to see if we're similar ... I've lost 17 lbs since the end of January and was in an 18. Now in a size 16. I'm hoping to get to a 12 / 14 this summer.

No matter how active I've been I've always weighed more than friends. Even when I was a size 8 I was about 150lbs. I've always been very muscular and know it weighs more than fat. It still stings sometimes though ...

Replies

• tawnysmom
    tawnysmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm in an 18 now - 5"2 and 205 lb. Working on that size 16 but it feels like it's a ways off.
  • clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options
    What was your starting weight? I also am 5'4 1/2 and I started at 223 (feb 12') and have lost 17 lbs. and went from a size 18 to a 13/14...... I have another 45+ to loose before summer.... feel free to add me, I'm always on MFP. I log EVERYTHING! :) It might just be the way your body spreads out it's weight. I hold most of mine in my butt and thigh area and my arms, it's the curse of the hour glass figure! :)
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am 206, 5'4 and a size 16. Hoping to be 180 in 6 months or less :)
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 3in and currently at 168 I wear a 12. I was at 183 and my 14's were tight.
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That's a hard question to answer. With vanity sizing and sizes varying from brand to brand it's too difficult. I have jeans that are Levi that are at least 5 years old size 16 that I can't get into and another size 16 that I got last year that fit well. I also have a pair of old 16 from another brand that fall off me but the size 14 that I just bought that I can't get into.
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    I weigh 206, 5'4" and I'm in 16 which are starting to get a little loose. I've always weighed way more than anyone thinks I really am - naturally muscular.
  • Hyoderrn
    Hyoderrn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'4" and weigh 187 and I can wear most of my size 16 things again!
  • sarahc0714
    Options
    I am the same way! I wear a 14 right now and I am 182. I just tried on a size 12 shorts and even though they were a bit tight I bought them in hopes I can wear them soon :) Feel free to add me!
  • ameredith83
    ameredith83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is very strange. I am 5' 3" and weight 166. A size 12 is tight on me. I was in a size 12 and gained some over the course of vacation in October, birthdays and then the holidays. I am working on getting it back off though, but it has been very difficult.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    When I first started this journey I was a 16 and 168, I am 5'4
  • jandyanj
    jandyanj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and currently weigh 146lbs
    I exercise everyday but am apple shape (makes a huge difference in clothing size IMO)
    I wear size 12
    when I get to my lower weigh range or goal weight range of 130-132 I am between size 8/10
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I was 168 when I was wearing 16s. But now I am 150 and wearing 4s. VERY hard to figure out size of pants / weight comparisons.
    and yeah, i'm 5'4"

I'd like to mention that when I was in high school I was wearing size 12 and 14s. I weighed just barely 135. My flabby butt is still rather flabby, but it is smaller in size at my higher weight (150) than it ever was when I weighed less. Muscle being more dense than fat leads us to a smaller size and a higher body weight.

Screw that scale, is what my logic claims. But I still can't stop depending on it to make me feel good.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and when I was a 16 (my biggest) I weighed 195. I'm now about 160 and am wearing a size 10.
  • kimbsh01
    kimbsh01 Posts: 38
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I started off at about 200lbs size 14-16 depending on the cut.. I am now about 156lbs size 8 pants. I am also rather muscular and get frustrated with weight. But im still working on weight loss. Feel free to add me :)
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    I started at 215 wearing an 18. Last weeks weigh in I was 205 wearing a 16. Ive never had a self esteem problem because i feel like i carry my weight well, but definitely needed to get healthy and in shape! Enjoying my journey with MFP so far. I feel like something has clicked! Good luck. Feel free to add me if you don't have a group. Having a group of friends has helped a lot
  • ldytaz
    ldytaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11, started at 168 and a size 16, down to 143 now, I can wear a size 10 dress and actually bought 2 pairs of pants that are a 6.
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    5'4 and I weigh 182 and a size 16, I carried my son all in my mid section :(
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    Hi, i am 5'4 too, i started at 203lbs and a tight size 16 (UK). I have lost 19lbs in 6 weeks and easily fit in to a size 14 now :smile:
  • allywalker23
    allywalker23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and in a 14, I weight 181 pounds well that was from last friday weigh in im hoping to be below 180 this friday. But feel free to add me and we'll go down this journey together!!:smile:
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    im 5'4" and when i was 195 i was wearing a 14 /15 tight now i wear them lose at 185
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!