Breakfast Ideas! Any Suggestions?

Options
Recently I have been drinking 1 Equate Ultra Weight Loss drink in the morning (7am) before I go to work as a breakfast supplement, then munch on something small like a granola bar around 9:00-9:30am. I've heard that it is actually better for you to have a big breakfast in the morning in order to keep your body energized and your metabolism active throughout the remainder of the day. Is this true? And if so, do you think I am consuming enough calories in the morning for it to qualify as a good breakfast?

Also, if you have any breakfast ideas that have worked/work for you, please list them! Thanks!!

~Nicole =]

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Good Calories are not just amount but also balance of nutrition. From things I have read it is best to keep your body going by having the most amount of calories in the morning and the smallest at night. Since we tend to be more sedetary (the whole sleep thing) at night and our metabolism is slowest at night so are bodies aren't able to keep up with making the nutrients most useful.

I eat a lot of different breakfasts:

Yogurt with Granola
    Yogurt with Oatmeal
    Toast with Hummus
    Cinamon toast with cream cheese

Hope this helps.
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My food diary is public and you can check it out if in need of some breakfast ideas... I am hooked on egg whites and cottage cheese so that's what I've been eating lately. Sometimes I add turkey breast or sardines to it for extra protein.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    I am hooked on the Spinach Omelet I get at our favorite breakfast restaurant. They don't add milk or butter. I just have them put in 2 eggs, spinach, and avacodo. I add a bowl of fresh fruit and occasionally a piece of wheat toast.
    If we don't go out, I like yogurt (with or without a few spoonfuls of Grapenuts, depending on my mood).

Hope this helps.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Breakfast has become my favorite meal and I eat a large breakfast every day. You will notice that I eat a lot of egg whites, the yolks are good for you too in moderation, I've just never cared for them and the whites have all the protein and virtually none of the fat.

some favorite are:
    egg white omelettes stuffed with mushrooms, bell peppers and red onions and a slice of kraft fat free cheese, with a half of a banana

breakfast burrito- one flatout light original, one slice of kraft fat free cheese and 3 egg whites. just scramble your egg whites, microwave your flatout and add a slice of cheese, wrap up like a burrito and have a tablespoon of salsa, sooo good.

kashi waffles (strawberrry flax and blueberry are delicious) with one morningstar veggie sausage patty and mrs butterworths sugar free syrup.

i could go on an on. all of these are low fat and under 350 calories!!
  • Kait_liiin
    Kait_liiin Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in LOVE with Astro Vanilla Natural Balkan Yogurt, with blueberries, raspberries, and All Bran Buds. Mmm... tastes like dessert, but healthy and keeps me full.
  • Luv_2_Run
    Luv_2_Run Posts: 9
    Options

kashi waffles (strawberrry flax and blueberry are delicious) with one morningstar veggie sausage patty and mrs butterworths sugar free syrup.

i could go on an on. all of these are low fat and under 350 calories!!

I love those MorningStar sausage patties!! They are so tasty and so much better for you! I make sausage egg muffins with them.
    1-100 cal english muffin
    2- egg whites
    1- sausage patty

200 calories and you have breakfast on the go.
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I recently read about a new study that showed that eating so much in the morning (loading up your protein and calories) and eating a light dinner is not necessarily a better thing. It's not a bad thing, just perhaps not as beneficial as we thought. For people like me who simply don't feel like eating in the morning and have to force ourselves (I know others like me), this was good news. I usually don't eat until 11 and call it breakfast. I do force down some yogurt to put something into my body when I get up. I believe the reason is that when we do eat on a regular basis, then we keep our metabolism going and we don't feel famished at 3 pm and pig out.

Here are some suggestions that I found this month in the fitness magazine I'm reading:

Basically, mostly they recommend eating 1 whole egg with 1 large egg white, and then add something like 1/2 cp high fiber cereal
    or 1 cup of cooked oatmeal
    or 1 whole wheat English muffin
    or 1/2 large grapefruit

Or course you can do anything with that 1 lg egg w/ white, like scramble them together.
    This information is from Frugal Eats while you Shred in Oxygen Abs Special.