5'4" and size 16?

Options

Replies

• ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4". 235 currently a size 18. Once I get down to about 215 I will be back to a size 16.
  • msgiggles88
    Options
    I am a size 18, at 239 lbs. So It really depends on the person. I was 175 a couple of years ago and wore a tight 12. The goal is to get down to a healthy weight and size that doesn't require a plus size!
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It would help if everyone stated their country... UK and US sizes are not the same!

I'm 5' 4", weigh 133.2 lbs and size 14 (UK) Dorothy Perkins jeans fit perfectly, as do some (unworn) 33" waist Levi 501s from about 1998.

I'll be trying some size 12 jeans on in April -- I want to get into the 120-something lb range first.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and weigh in right about 180 and am firmly in a size 14 (some are too loose, some are still a bit tight depending on brand) - when I was at my heaviest above 200 lbs I was in 16W's

A LOT has to do with the amount of body fat and your build - I am very curvy and I actually just had my body fat analysis done and it was about 26% (now if you put my numbers into a stupid BMI calculator that number comes out to be 31%)

Because of that I know a good place for me to be would be about 165-70 in order to maintain.

Personally I am less motivated by what the number on the scale is - I would just like to be a solid size 12 - I honestly don't think I can get much smaller than that because of my build - I have what are commonely refered to as birthing hips....which makes pants hard to find - to get them to fit in the hips I have a huge gap in the waist...my sister has the same hip issue but she is 5'7 and has a flat stomach so she can get away with low rider type pants without being all muffin top over the waist band....
  • DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and started at 189lbs a squeeze into size16 bottoms and 18 tops. I'm down to 173 and I'm now a 14 bottoms and baggy 16 / tight 14 in tops. I'm aiming for a comfy size 12 which I think will be 140-150lbs.

I'm uk sizes
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and at my heaviest I was 202 and wore a 16...now in an 8 and am 148.....US
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, weigh 215, and wear 14-16 depending on brand (usually Levis)
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i am 5 4 and i weigh 156, i am in a size 14..... :grumble: i tend to weigh less then others but wear a bigger size pants.... its the gut :explode:
  • Ridumcowgirl
    Ridumcowgirl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    5'3" and 200. Size 14. ( I swear 50 pounds of that must be boobs!)
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I started at 220 (don't know how I even got to that point- my clothes were size 20 fitting TIGHT! Then I started the Dukan diet (2/11/12) and lost 27 lbs (today) and I am able to fit into a 12/14 dress and pants 16-- I have big hips!
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5, and I was a size 16 when I was in the 190s. Like you I tend to carry a lot of muscle, so I'm 149 now and wear between an 8 and a 10.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and a size 18 and I weigh 260 lbs., but my mom is an 18 and is 5'2" and weighs 190.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and at 225 lbs. I own size 16s and 18s but the 18s are HUGE on me. I just havent shopped yet. Unless I'm just weirdly shaped, that's how much I weigh. :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh if you are this size? I'm curious to see if we're similar ... I've lost 17 lbs since the end of January and was in an 18. Now in a size 16. I'm hoping to get to a 12 / 14 this summer.

No matter how active I've been I've always weighed more than friends. Even when I was a size 8 I was about 150lbs. I've always been very muscular and know it weighs more than fat. It still stings sometimes though ...

Well, I am not that size now, but when I first started to lose weight I was 191 pounds and wore a size 18. When I was 150 pounds back in 2007, I was wearing a 14. Between 2007-2009 I did a lot of weight lifting with my cardio and diet, so I weighed only slightly less than 150, but was wearing a size 10. (which is why I don't stress too much about the scale anymore as long as I am losing size). I currently weigh around 138 and wear a size 6.

Basically I just wanted to encourage you to pay more attention to the size and how you look/feel than the scale. It can be so deceiving! And also to tell you to never give up, cause you will get to where you want to go. I'm glad that I didn't give up and kept going. My goal was just to be wearing a size 8, but when I saw that I could get even smaller than that and still be really healthy, I plugged along. :flowerforyou:
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3" and at my starting weight, 261 lbs, I was a size 22. I am now 191 lbs. and in a comfortable 14. I am like the OP though, always heavier than my friends even when I was smaller. When I was 145 lbs., I was wearing a size 6. My goal is a size 8.
  • ReadySara
    ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's a hard question to answer. With vanity sizing and sizes varying from brand to brand it's too difficult. I have jeans that are Levi that are at least 5 years old size 16 that I can't get into and another size 16 that I got last year that fit well. I also have a pair of old 16 from another brand that fall off me but the size 14 that I just bought that I can't get into.

I agree with her...
    I' am 5'3 and current weight it 230 and I can fit in a 16 but it depends on the clothing brand because if I go to Lane Bryant I can fit a 14
  • raylenel
    raylenel Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and CW is 157 and wear between a size 12-14. In order for me to get to a size 9/10 I need to be low 140's for sure. I think it really depends on your shape, waist etc. :(
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm telling you right now, it is pointless to compare body sizes and weights and sizes...LOLOL...I have tried to do it and it just depresses me, because someone my height and weight might be 2 sizes smaller than me and vice versa...it is crazy how differently people carry their weight. I get especially annoyed when someone says, "I lost 10 pounds and 2 dress sizes"...WHAT??? It takes twenty pounds lost for me to even go down ONE size. ACK! It will just drive you crazy to body size compare. Take pictures of yourself whenever you lose a few pounds and just look at yourself and how you feel. :)
  • choirgirl1130
    choirgirl1130 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6" 146 in a size 8, which are loose. i always seemed to hoover at about 153 in a size 8. i have in the past been down to a size 6 but i still weighed 142. i have never been a "little" person. i too have always been heavier than what people guess me to be, but i have an athletic, muscular build. i don't seem to mind anymore...i'd rather be fit! no one needs to know your size or your weight...just matters how you feel!
    best wishes to you on your journey :0)
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    5'4". Last time I was a size 16 was five years ago. I weighed around 185 lbs. and we are talking about a TIGHT size 16 at that weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!