5'4" and size 16?

Options

Replies

• Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    5'4" 175 lbs, comfortable 12s, I can't wait to be in a size 10 though LOL. I'm in USA
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my starting weight was 312lbs and I wore a size 28 and 4x shirts... I am now 156-158lbs and I am in a nice size 11 ;)

Here is a pic for you ;)blog-2.png

Omgosh, congratulations!! Just had to say that. My max was 281, so huge kudos to you for doing such a great job!!
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my starting weight was 312lbs and I wore a size 28 and 4x shirts... I am now 156-158lbs and I am in a nice size 11 ;)

Here is a pic for you ;)blog-2.png

You go girl!! You look awesome! :)
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The best advice I heard regarding this, is to choose either a goal dress size or goal body fat percentage, and try to be as heavy as you can at that goal size/percentage.

If you take body fat out of the equation, then heavier = healthier. That's because stronger, more toned muscles are healthier, they are dense with lots of muscle fibres; they're not flabby and wasted. And your bones stay the same size, but denser is much healthier and stronger, and by definition heavier. However, when you put body fat back into the equation, it just confounds everything, because with body fat alone, there's a healthy range (about 18-25% for women, although well nourished, very athletic women can have less fat than that without any health issues) and above that range, heavier = less healthy. So that's why the scale is grossly misleading. Heavy because of too much body fat = not healthy; heavy because of more bone and muscle mass = very good. So don't rely on the scale alone! If you're a small dress size yet you're heavier than others who are the same height and dress size as you, that's a GOOD thing and you are probably *healthier* than them because of it.

So try to be as heavy as you can at your ideal dress size, rather than picking a particular weight and thinking you've failed even when you're totally happy about how you look, but the scale tells you you're heavier than other people/stupid weight-height charts say you should be. The scale never tells you the whole truth. And the best place for BMI charts is the bin :)
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    SW=215 Size 16 CW=201 Size 16

Clothing sizes differ from label to label & each person's body type will make a difference. Based on the past couple of years -- in the 180s I will be in size 14 and then back at 165 I moved down to a size 12.
  • anaswan7
    anaswan7 Posts: 1
    Options
    Same here, Hi, my name is Ana. and I have always been the same. I was a size 4 and wieghed 134, I was a size 7-8 and wieghed about 150. And I am 5'3 standing stright! :) but Now, for htis past year I have struggle with my weight, I hit 183+, I wear it well, meaning it really does not show, I mean I don't look at all thin, but not overwieght, butI am. But a several weeks ago, I started working out vigorously, did not weigh my self, and today I got weighed and it was at 178, my BMI was 5% over the allowed limit...military. I was devestated...but it onyl lasted a few hours....I noted mt weak points, talked with my supervisor and coworkers and was encouraged...I look forward to tommorrow, and the next to keep shedding even if it is slowly, it am shedding...and gain muscle..so the weight thing...i gotta remember.. one step at a time! look forward to using this site!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am 5 '3 and in a size 20. :( Sucks I know....
  • Superstar_81
    Superstar_81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great topic- its very interesting seeing how people's sizes etc are so different!

I'm 5'2", a size 16 (getting looser though-yay!) and 158lbs, i'm an apple shape though- all weight around my stomach :-(, and I'm looking to lose around 30-40 lbs (fingers crossed!)
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    I weighed right around 200 when I was in a size 16. Oh to be back there again! :)
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and was size 15 at 175-180. I wear a size 8 at 150 now.
  • kaaabney
    kaaabney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I weigh 213. I mainly wear 16, but I do have a pair of 14 dress pants I still wear. I do carry most of my weight in my lower body and my arms as well. I just started my diet and this website and I am hoping for good results.
  • mrsgroove
    mrsgroove Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and I weigh 180lbs. I currently wear a size 12 in most things, a size large top or sometimes medium depending on the cut. I try not to wear anything too baggy. I always get the most compliments when I wear fitted styles. Most people are surprised to find that I weigh 180. I say, if you like how you look in it and if it feels good, wear it!
  • victoriaannewilliams
    victoriaannewilliams Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3 1/2" and am a 16 and weigh 215
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    At my very highest weight, I was 202 (at 5'3") and fit a size 16. I also have a larger frame and my body fat distribution is pretty evenly spread. I really think it depends on how your fat/muscle is distributed. Someone who weighs 180 pounds could be a size 12 and just be top-heavy, while someone at 160 who is very pear-shaped could easily be a size 16.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'4 and in a size 16 right now at 191 pounds. They fit but are starting to get big. I can pull them off still buttoned and zipped. I can even wear 14's but they're still a little tight in the waist, so I could probably be in them at 180-185. I was busting out of 16's at about 214 pounds. They were honestly too small, but I had to wear them until I could go up a size, then that's when I started losing weight. I carry most of my weight in my hips, and I'm a pair shape.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 -- and right now, I'm at around 164lbs and fitting into loose size 12's. When I started out I was in a size 18/20 and around 220. I think by the time I hit around 200 I was in the size 16 region but I'm really curvy.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how different body types are...reading this was eye opening!!

I am 5'4" (5'3-1/2 if I am being honest. LOL)

I started at 220, wore a 16.

Down to 188, wearing a 12....I actually bought a 10....I can breathe in them, but barely. LOL

My weight is in my middle......
  • rosnnj
    rosnnj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different based on body shape. I have huge legs so I'm 270 and a size 18 and I'm 5'3.
  • zeroXOXOzero
    zeroXOXOzero Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am around 195 and fluctuate between a 16 and 14 but usually 16
    My goal is to be a size 6 or 8
    feel free to add me if u like because i am 5'4" as well!
  • deniseamedina
    deniseamedina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same...I got down to 150 at one point and was still a 14. It varies with every person.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!