NSV at the movie theater!

Options
JenMarie8781
JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
I was gonna post this last week (when it happened) but I forgot. lol.

Anyway.... the last time I went to the movies (before last week) was in May of 2010. I took my oldest boys to see Shrek 4 when it came out and I was so embarrassed because I could barely even fit in the seat at the theater. I literally had to wiggle my way in and out of the seat because it was such a tight fit. I'm not sure anyone around me noticed but I knew it and I was so embarrassed. At that time, I weighed 368 pounds... and I'm only 5'5" so I was very big. Now, I am down 73 pounds which puts me at 295 and I am happy to say that when I took my kids to the movies last week (same theater) I had no problems fitting in the seat! I even had a little room to move. lol. AND instead of eating a bunch of movie theater junk food, I had a Diet Coke and only a few bites of the boys' popcorn! I am still not at my goal but I am so much happier and I feel so much better, mentally and physically, than I did a year ago when I started my weight loss journey!

Replies

• JenMarie8781
    Options
    Bump : )
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    That must have felt wonderful :)
    Keep up your good work. It's certainly paying off
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    Thanks!
  • brittni127
    Options
    Great job!! My goal this summer is to.ride some rollarcoasters but I gotta lose some weight to ensure I can fit on them. That would be really embarrassing to have to get off in front of everyone :/ How long have you been at it? What all have you been doing?
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    woot! good for you
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! Congrats on your weight-loss, fantastic!
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    Great job!! My goal this summer is to.ride some rollarcoasters but I gotta lose some weight to ensure I can fit on them. That would be really embarrassing to have to get off in front of everyone :/ How long have you been at it? What all have you been doing?

Thanks! It has been one year since I started. What I have done is cut out sweets -- no regular pop or tea, no candy, cookies, cakes, or anything like that. And I have been watching my carbs (I stay under 250 per day) and if I eat bread or pasta, I make sure it is whole wheat or whole grain. I have also been eating more fruits and veggies and drinking A LOT more water. I haven't been exercising as much as I should but the weight has been coming off just from the change in my diet!

Oh, about the sweets.... I will eat Weight Watchers or Skinny Cow ice cream or "candy bars" sometimes but not all the time. They are only like 100 calories and less than 20g of carbs per serving.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! :bigsmile:
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    Congrats to you, that is great!
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    Thanks!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Keep up the good work. It isn't easy but, oh so worth it.
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and awesome NSV! :flowerforyou:
  • Deinonychus
    Options
    Great job, I bet you feel fantastic.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Oh, the fun that can be had in the back of a movie theater. Makes me feel like a teenager again!
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    great job , hard work pays off! (:
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Well done. Also, I didn't know they made Shrek 4.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!

I remember how fantastic it felt to finally fit comfortably in the auditorium seats. Great job, and keep it up!
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    That's FANTASTIC congrats on the NSV.
  • alsw
    alsw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!