Need help putting exercise in

Options
Hi MFPers!

I need a little help putting my exercise in. 2-3 days a week I do a class at the gym called "Strong." It's a 60-minute weights class that targets every major muscle group in the body. I'm not sure how to put it in. I've been doing "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" under cardiovascular which tells me I burn around 350 cals (I'm in the 240 lb range).

It doesn't seem right to put in the individual lifts and reps and would be extremely time consuming.

How should I do this? Does what I've been doing seem right? Is 350 cals for an hour of a weights class appropriate for somebody my weight?

Thanks!

Replies

• Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    when it comes to calculating calories burned for ST . its almost impossible to actually determine how much you burn.. it sucks but whatever.. you def would be burning 350 tho. if not more .. if you are doing decent paced sets

edit.. if you actually want to track your lifts... i would just use pen and paper. or some type of note thing on your phone. the mfp method is really slow.
  • MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    http://www.squidoo.com/creating-a-healthy-eating-plan

Has a great article on how to incorporate exercise into your daily life.
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I fake it. I just put in whatever exercise that amounts to the 350. It's easier and it still shows the calories burned.
  • jassjazz
    jassjazz Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi,

Please use this site as i feel that it as it required your age and height and weight. Those factor are very important to determine how many calories you have burned.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calories_burned.htm

Also I would say if you are really serious about calories buy a Polar watch heart monitor - I have one and i love it as it got my data in the watch like age, sex, weight and height and tell me exactly how hard i work out and my calories.