Its Friday Night And I'd Like a Drink

Options
Hey! As you know its Friday night and for lots of us that means kicking back a few with some friends.
I usually drink Heineken in a bottle (150cals) and have been trying to find some other kind of drink to enjoy this evening. I've tried Miller Light and am thinking about trying the Miller Genuine Draft. (64 cals)

Tonight feels like a mixed drink night so if you've got any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I was thinking like vodka and crystal light, or rum and diet coke (not so much), or something maybe with coconut rum...

:drinker:

Replies

• trotters24
    trotters24 Posts: 68
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing :-) I found this page from an article that may help.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/low-calorie-cocktails

Low-Calorie Cocktails
    5 ways to keep from overloading on calories when you have an alcoholic drink.

How Many Calories in Popular Cocktails?
    So just how many calories are in your favorite cocktail? These calorie counts for popular alcoholic drinks are approximate, based on popular recipes, but may vary depending on ingredients and portions.

Pina Colada (6 oz): 378 calories
    Mojito (8 oz): 214 calories
    Cosmopolitan (4 oz): 200 calories
    Chocolate martini: (2 oz each vodka, chocolate liqueur, cream, 1/2 oz creme de cacao, chocolate syrup): 438
    Margarita (8 oz): 280
    Green apple martini (1 oz each vodka, sour apple, apple juice): 148
    Martini (2.5 oz): 160
    Port wine (3 oz):128
    Bloody Mary (5 oz): 118
    Red wine (5 oz):120
    White wine (5 oz): 120
    Alcohol-free wine (5 oz): 20-30
    Beer (12 oz): 150-198
    Light beer (12 oz): 95-136
    Ultra-light beer (12 oz): 64-95
    Champagne (5oz): 106-120
    Coffee liqueur (3 ounces): 348
    Godiva chocolate liqueur (3 oz): 310
    Wine spritzer (5 oz): 100
    Eggnog with rum (8 ounces): 370
    Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps (8 oz): 380
    Hot buttered rum (8 oz): 292
    Spiced cider with rum ( 8 oz):150
    Mulled wine (5 oz): 200
    Vodka and tonic (8 oz): 200
    Screwdriver (8 oz): 190
    Mimosa (4 oz): 75
    Gin and tonic (7 oz): 200
    Long Island iced tea (8 oz): 780
    White Russian (2 oz vodka, 1.5 oz coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz cream): 425
    Mai Tai (6 oz) (1.5 oz rum, 1/2 oz cream de along, 1/2 oz triple sec, sour mix, pineapple juice): 350
    Rum and Coke (8 oz): 185
    Rum and Diet Coke (8 oz): 100
    Mike's Hard Lemonade (11 oz): 98
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    vodka/soda

gin/diet tonic

Have fun! :drinker:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't know drinks too much other than the fact chambord sours are sinfully tasteful ...
    Thank goodness that I'm not a drinker though - I can't imagine having those calories to be fighting with .. unfortunately I still love cake!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    What's in Long Island Ice tea to give it almost 800 calories??
  • accck
    accck Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey! As you know its Friday night and for lots of us that means kicking back a few with some friends.
    I usually drink Heineken in a bottle (150cals) and have been trying to find some other kind of drink to enjoy this evening. I've tried Miller Light and am thinking about trying the Miller Genuine Draft. (64 cals)

Tonight feels like a mixed drink night so if you've got any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I was thinking like vodka and crystal light, or rum and diet coke (not so much), or something maybe with coconut rum...

The coconut rum and diet coke is good
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you that mixed drinks are flippin' delicious...however they do carry a lot of calories. I went out a few months ago planning to only have one drink and well yeah it didn't turn out that way...one drink turned into 6 drinks...the next morning i calculated the calories and I foind that i had drank about 3500 calories...so my advise is just be careful and really limit yourself to only one drink if you have a mixed one.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options

The coconut rum and diet coke is good

Coconut rum and pineapple orange juice is wonderful...don't know about the calories but maybe could count as a fruit helping :laugh: (I know that's stretching it a bit)
  • missyring1231
    Options
    Maybe this will help:

Top 5 worst drinks:
    1. Margarita in a pint glass (2 oz. tequila, 2 oz. margarita/sour mix, 1 oz. triple sec, lime juice, 1 tsp. sugar) - 550 calories (11)
    2. Mudslide (1.5 oz. coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz. Irish cream, 1.5 oz. vodka) - 417 calories (8.5)
    3. Long Island Ice Tea (1 oz. vodka, gin, rum, tequila, and triple sec, 2 oz. sour mix, splash of cola) - 380 calories (8)
    4. White Russian (1.5 oz. vodka, 1.5 oz. coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz. cream) - 320 calories (6.5)
    5. Piña Colada (1.5 oz. rum, 1.5 oz. coconut cream, 3 oz. pineapple juice) - 293 calories (6)

Top 5 best drinks:
    1. Rum and Diet Coke (1 oz. rum) - 65 calories (1.5)
    Tip: Use diet sodas as mixers, such as gin and diet tonic, diet 7Up and Seagrams 7, diet ginger ale and Jack Daniels, and so on.
    2. Vodka and Soda (1 oz. vodka) - 65 calories (1.5)
    Tip: Try this with flavored vodka, such as raspberry, vanilla, or mandarin.
    3. White Wine Spritzer (4 oz. white wine topped with club soda) - 80 calories (2)
    4. Bloody Mary (1 oz. vodka, 4 oz. tomato juice, dash of Tabasco and pepper) - 90 calories (2)
    5. Light Beer - 100 calories (2)
  • llywyn
    llywyn Posts: 315
    Options

REAL Long island ice teas not only have Coca-Cola in them, but it also contains 5 types of alchohol. So if each serving of 1oz of alchohol = ~100 cal, thats a huge no no for me.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a list...... thanks for posting that. :drinker:

Vodka or light rum + club soda + lime wedge squeezed in

Gets the buzz on with little damage :bigsmile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

REAL Long island ice teas not only have Coca-Cola in them, but it also contains 5 types of alchohol. So if each serving of 1oz of alchohol = ~100 cal, thats a huge no no for me.

Don't forget they have sours mix, which is essentially simple syrup (sugar and water) with lemon and lime juice.
  • jackierogers
    Options
    I have been enjoying Fresca with tequila. It kind of tastes like a margarita but is under 70 calories.
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

Oh MOMmy this is my kinda thread!!!

Well now, I intend to have a couple 'o' drinks of that stuff you're holding in your hand with diet coke and I have no doubt a couple 'o' glasses of wine with some chinese food we'll pick up on the way home.

What? did you think I picked my photo because of the hat??? :angry:

(I also drink vodka with light cranberry juice.) :drinker:
  • mommyofkailey
    Options
    :glasses: Captain Morgan and diet...60 cals per oz.!
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing :-) I found this page from an article that may help.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/low-calorie-cocktails

Low-Calorie Cocktails
    5 ways to keep from overloading on calories when you have an alcoholic drink.

How Many Calories in Popular Cocktails?
    So just how many calories are in your favorite cocktail? These calorie counts for popular alcoholic drinks are approximate, based on popular recipes, but may vary depending on ingredients and portions.

Pina Colada (6 oz): 378 calories
    Mojito (8 oz): 214 calories
    Cosmopolitan (4 oz): 200 calories
    Chocolate martini: (2 oz each vodka, chocolate liqueur, cream, 1/2 oz creme de cacao, chocolate syrup): 438
    Margarita (8 oz): 280
    Green apple martini (1 oz each vodka, sour apple, apple juice): 148
    Martini (2.5 oz): 160
    Port wine (3 oz):128
    Bloody Mary (5 oz): 118
    Red wine (5 oz):120
    White wine (5 oz): 120
    Alcohol-free wine (5 oz): 20-30
    Beer (12 oz): 150-198
    Light beer (12 oz): 95-136
    Ultra-light beer (12 oz): 64-95
    Champagne (5oz): 106-120
    Coffee liqueur (3 ounces): 348
    Godiva chocolate liqueur (3 oz): 310
    Wine spritzer (5 oz): 100
    Eggnog with rum (8 ounces): 370
    Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps (8 oz): 380
    Hot buttered rum (8 oz): 292
    Spiced cider with rum ( 8 oz):150
    Mulled wine (5 oz): 200
    Vodka and tonic (8 oz): 200
    Screwdriver (8 oz): 190
    Mimosa (4 oz): 75
    Gin and tonic (7 oz): 200
    Long Island iced tea (8 oz): 780
    White Russian (2 oz vodka, 1.5 oz coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz cream): 425
    Mai Tai (6 oz) (1.5 oz rum, 1/2 oz cream de along, 1/2 oz triple sec, sour mix, pineapple juice): 350
    Rum and Coke (8 oz): 185
    Rum and Diet Coke (8 oz): 100
    Mike's Hard Lemonade (11 oz): 98

This list is really helpful! I used to drink a Long Island Iced Tea almost everytime I went out in college...they're almost 800 calories!?!?!?!? No wonder I gained 27 pounds in college!

Also, I've heard vodka is one of the lowest calorie hard alcohols...so you could do vodka and soda, a vodka cranberry, screw driver (you'd be getting calories from juice though...but it's better than empty calories from mixers). A martini maybe??

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mcohan
    mcohan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    what is NOT in a long island iced tea?!
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

well if you like beer you can have becks light 64 calories
    Miller Genuine Draft ----the bottle has to say 64 on it cause it only has 64 calories in it..
  • 2blakefield
    Options
    I just figure 100 cal per ounce for alcohol and I use any no- calorie mixer ( vodka and water or sugar free sprite, etc)
    My absolute favorite though, is a pineapple infused vodka martini. We make this for parties:

cut up a fresh pineapple and dump it in a glass container filled with vodka and let it sit, the longer the better (we always shoot for 5 days)
    Shake and serve!
    YUM
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    what is NOT in a long island iced tea?!

iced tea!

:laugh:
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I thought mikes hard lemonades were more like 200 cals... And my all time fave is vodka and diet tonic with a lime twist. If u r going out however they generally don't have diet tonic but any alcohol with diet coke is low too.