Fitness you can wear...

Options
SamiRose
SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
Ok, so I saw these products on the news today. Fitness you can Wear....Sounds like total "B.S" to me...Anyone know about these? Use these? If you use this method for fitness have you seen results?

I'm just curious...sounds too good to be true. Sounds like a MAJOR waste of consumer money and a product thats just useless. I could be very wrong. I've never seen these in person myself or tired them...

I really hope to get wide feedback from people on this "new" product....

Heres a link about it....check this out!!!

http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10783608

<3 Sami-Rose

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Yea I think it sounds pretty ridiculous, I actually started laughing when reading it. Its not good to wear extra layers like that when you exercise so why do it in regular clothes? Does it make you sweat a bunch than you look like you worked out in jeans lol I wouldn't spend money on that if I were you but it looks like you already realize it doesn't sound so great... don't worry you will reach your goals with good ol fashioned exercise and eating healthy :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • 2blakefield
    Options
    So basically it's so tight it makes it hard to walk? I already trip over myself and walk into walls, I don't need any help looking stupid. :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    1st year my son played football (against my better judgement, I am a baseball mom) I went to pick him up and he was running laps with a garbage bag on:noway:

It was August in S Florida, and he was sweating his butt off. I approached the coach:mad: and:explode:

:angry: what the hell are you doing to my son?

:flowerforyou: helping him lose weight

:angry: he is perfect for this division

:flowerforyou: yes but I want him for mine!

I ripped the bag off, let him weigh in, and he made weight for the coaches division.

I then went to the person in charge and advised I wanted him moved up because I was going home to give him WATER AND GATORADE because the coach had just depleted my poor son of all fluids so he could drop 5 pounds and make weight.............and if it EVER happened again, heads would roll.

My point: you might lose some weight, but it sure as heck won't be fat!!:wink:
  • SamiRose
    Options
    Yea I think it sounds pretty ridiculous, I actually started laughing when reading it. Its not good to wear extra layers like that when you exercise so why do it in regular clothes? Does it make you sweat a bunch than you look like you worked out in jeans lol I wouldn't spend money on that if I were you but it looks like you already realize it doesn't sound so great... don't worry you will reach your goals with good ol fashioned exercise and eating healthy :happy:

Trust me...I was NOT considering this...I was just so surprised that this is a legit "fitness product" I just had to see if people have tried this! haha...I'm just glad to see that people agree with me on this!!
    :laugh:
  • SamiRose
    Options
    1st year my son played football (against my better judgement, I am a baseball mom) I went to pick him up and he was running laps with a garbage bag on:noway:

It was August in S Florida, and he was sweating his butt off. I approached the coach:mad: and:explode:

I ripped the bag off, let him weigh in, and he made weight for the coaches division.

I then went to the person in charge and advised I wanted him moved up because I was going home to give him WATER AND GATORADE because the coach had just depleted my poor son of all fluids so he could drop 5 pounds and make weight.............and if it EVER happened again, heads would roll.

OMG!!! that is soo bad! I'm soo surprised a coach would do this? Well, I've herd of this sort of thing for wrestling...thats common sadly :cry: ....but football? Loosing weight for football? Most coaches want the "boys" to gain...this is insane, and makes me really mad to be honest...that coach needs a good talking to!! I work Strength and Conditioning at a college and work with Athletes on a regular basis, this behavior and/or treatment is NOT acceptable!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    haha ok good! :happy: and....

arewethereyet- OMG that is crazy, that coach needs to be fired, that is really unhealthy, I know they do it for wrestling a lot too but its not supposed to allowed anymore from what I've heard.

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

Good for you! More parents need to pay attention to what goes on at sports practice. Just because the guy has a whistle, doesn't mean he has all the knowledge or even good judgment!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

OMG!!! that is soo bad! I'm soo surprised a coach would do this? Well, I've herd of this sort of thing for wrestling...thats common sadly :cry: ....but football? Loosing weight for football? Most coaches want the "boys" to gain...this is insane, and makes me really mad to be honest...that coach needs a good talking to!! I work Strength and Conditioning at a college and work with Athletes on a regular basis, this behavior and/or treatment is NOT acceptable!

the teams were by weight, and he was 3 pounds over...which would mean he was moving up.
    this coach was stacking his team (we are talking about intercity 12 yr olds for crying out loud) and he had 4 boys losing 5-10 pounds for weigh in then they bulk right back up.......just crap I say.

good think my daughter didnt have to make weight to cheer:laugh:
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think the bracelets are cool!!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

About 15-20 years ago, a coach for a youth football league in the southwest suburbs of Chicago was discovered giving kids prescription diuretics to help them make weight. Some notable facts: he was doing it in such a way that I don't think he was ever prosecuted, he was not at all apologetic, and, worst of all, a significant number of parents came to his defense, because they said he "loved the kids".

There are a lot of great people working in youth sports--certainly the majority--but there are some really sick *kitten* as well.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Dumb products seem to make alot of money. I have a few crazee ideas I may throw out there and I bet I'll be able to retire by 35. Without a conscience of course. :wink:

And arewetheryet.....OMG!!!! I woulda went straight Detroit postal on the man! Just goes to show that being in a position of authority doesn't mean you have a living brain cell in your head. Wow, that story got me mad.:mad:
    OK, I'm better now:laugh:
  • cellorocker
    Options

Oh yeah, I remember those days, watching the kids in wrestling. Our wrestling coach in middle school pulled boys out of their last class before a match, then dressed them in sweats and a sweatshirt, stuck a garbage bag over them (cutting off the head, of course) and had them run a mile.
    What people would do to make weight. :noway: