Hello

Options
Hello, everyone. My name is Jenn. I am a type one diabetic. I live in Maine with my husband, 2 children and a granddaughter who is the apple of my eye. I was introduced to this site today by my nutritionist whom I have worked with for many years. I am pretty discouraged right now. A month ago today, I went through an amputation. That is a very hard thing for me to accept, however I am very thankful that I am able to walk. Right now, it's with a cane, but soon enough, I won't be needing it. I am doing pretty well at getting around and driving. I hope everyone has a great day!!

Replies

• janeitg
    janeitg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I think you will find people to be very supportive. Hang in there okay.
  • casval75
    casval75 Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome! My daughter is a Type 1 as well. She's not following the rules and its scaring me. I imagine the amputation was due to the Diabetes and you not taking care of yourself for too long? Can you tell me more so I can use you as an example to my 12 year old, if you're your comfortable with that.
  • kati37
    kati37 Posts: 61
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I have gotten tons of support and encouragement here. I believe you will have the same result! This is a great site full of wonderful people with the same goal TO GET FIT!!! Feel free to add me if you would like!! Keep your chin up you have came this far and I am sure you will soar!
  • sthrnspirit
    Options
    Hi Jenn. Welcome to MFP. You will have so much support and many new friends here to help keep you motivated and to be motivated by you! You will see, in very short order, how this site can change your life....all for the good!
    I would be honored to be a new friend!
  • dkelley0127
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • mygotti2005
    mygotti2005 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Jenn,
    I am brand new to this site as well. I joined in on Monday and so far so good. I wish you luck in your nutrtional status and your recovery!! I too, am a grandma to a beautiful 18 month old grandson. Because I want to be around for him for a long time I joined here for nutritional and weight loss help. Hang in there!!

Your new friend,
    Julie
  • ELeeHam
    ELeeHam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jenn! This is a great place to track, and balance, nutrition and exercise. My son is a T1D, for 21+ years. Look forward to hearing from you again, and know you will make the best from this experience. Lee
  • dkelley0127
    Options
    Thanks for the support because I am really going to need it. I have been battling my weight issue for far to long now. I have three daughters that looks up to me and I need to be a healthier me. I am so scared that it want last because I have failed so many times before. It is so frustrating starting over all the time. Lord please be with me.