hi everyone

Options
:happy: this is my first day as a healthier me. I quite smoking back in november and gained almost 40 pounds. Yikes. I have been so big in all my life. I'm fairly active as i work in homecare and do a fair amount of cleaning on a daily basis as i also have three small kids who keep me active. I would really appreciate any suggestions anyone may have to help me and to keep be on the right track thanks.

Replies

• rlmcnay
    rlmcnay Posts: 62
    Options
    Hey let me compliment you on your decision to get healthy. I have been using this site for a little over a month and have to say it is a great tool to help you with your goals. If you want to add me you can I would have no problem giving some encouragement.
  • GingerJoScott
    Options
    #1 you CAN do it! Log in everyday, get to know people here, read the success stories, and never give up! Visualize what you want to do and take one day at a time. If you fall off the wagon one day, get right back on it the next day. Use this site as a tool to watch your calories and get some exercise, although I am sure you are very active now with the kids! If you want to track that activity, buy a Fitbit and use it to track your movements! Good Luck and rely on the community here!
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been using this site for a few weeks now. It really helps keep track of the food i eat and the exercise i do. There are a lot of success stories on here, that do provide encouragement.