FOR MY C-SECTION MOMMIES ( :

Options
There is hope in losing that "flap" that our kiddo's gave us! Hard work, determination, and a good support team is all you need! I'm far from physically satisfied with myself but emotionally I'm proud to say that I have kicked *kitten*! I'm not a fitness coach like everyone else that I have found on the web, I am one determined mommy that is sick of looking disgusting! I DO NOT eat healthy even though my results would come a lot easier and a lot quicker, but I decided if I'm not going to stick with it then I'm not going to start it. I may start eventually but in a house full of picky eaters its nearly impossible to maintain and AFFORD the healthy stuff.

I started as my first ever New Year's resolution on January 2, 2012, 4 months PP at a solid 145. I gave it my all! I started dropping weight like no one's business. Here is my secret....

NEW ATTITUDE

TOTAL DETERMINATION

NEW PAIR OF RUNNING SHOES

TONY HORTON'S TEN MINUTE TRAINER ( AWESOME FOR BEGINNERS LIKE ME)

OXYELITE PRO ( I TOOK IT ONLY FOR THE ENERGY BOOST)

Some may be disgusted with my before and after pictures because I was still quite giggly but within a 2 month time-frame, I think I did pretty freaking good for myself.The before pictures were taken January 2, 2012 and the after were taken on March 2, 2012
back.jpg
front.jpg
side1.jpg
side2.jpg

My husband and I started Shaun T's Insanity workout on March 5, 2012 so I should be posting my 60 day after pictures in the beginning of May ( :

Replies

• usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Congrats on your great loss. It only took you 2 months to lose 25lbs?
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Great job hun! You are looking amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Congrats on your great loss. It only took you 2 months to lose 25lbs?

Thank yall so much. I didn't realize I was losing that much until I got on the scale two months later! I hate the scale so I stay off of it. I ran 2 miles every morning and threw in 1 or 2 of the Ten Minute Trainer videos after my run!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    You can really see a difference in 2 months! Such an inspiring post for all of the moms out there :) Thanks for sharing!
  • khbutterfly
    khbutterfly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is very inspirational – I have had two c-sections..first when I was 21 and then 29. I am trying to eat health(ier) than normal, but not depriving myself…I had munchies last night and ate some cheese-its. I too have a house FULL of picky eaters including myself since I’m vegetarian.
    Not sure how the “friend me” works since I’m pretty new to MFP, but try and friend me cause I’d love to see in 60 days the outcome.
    I should day I am working out 4 days a week for about a month and have lost 4lbs – not much, but very happy that the lbs are dropping. 
  • hurleyse
    hurleyse Posts: 2
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Keep up the good work.
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    You can really see a difference in 2 months! Such an inspiring post for all of the moms out there :) Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. I did this because I have spent MONTHS on Google trying to find before and after pictures of moms with c-section bellies. I never find anything unless it's photoshopped by some "magic potion" company to sell a product! I know that my stomach isn't the prettiest sight to see but I'm working on it! Hopefully Shaun T can kick my butt enough to be bikini ready for when my friends and I go stay on the beach ( :
  • brenbbb
    brenbbb Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! WTG!
  • watermanswife
    watermanswife Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. I was just getting ready to ask someone about their c section belly. My doctor's have told me the only way to get rid of it is a tummy tuck and I just don't want to do that!! You look great!!

BUMP
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WTG! I have been looking for c-section bellies as well b/c I would love to see a realistic vision of how my stomach can look. I still have a jiggly belly and a small "shelf" that I am trying to tone and get rid of. However, I believe my "shelf" will be here to stay and I will wear it proudly since I have 2 amazing little boys that my "shelf" was created for :) Keep up the good work. I would love to do Insanity, but doing the P90X program now.
  • kbbeale
    kbbeale Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss and awesome transformation!!! Im down nearly 20, but its taken me since the end of December to lose that. I had my baby via csection in November, and have lost 56lbs from my high pregnancy weight. This was my first csection baby (after 3 natural births) and have noticed a big difference in the way my stomach looks after this csection :( Hopefully as I continue to lose it will go away too! Thanks for the motivation~
  • mzpharrell
    mzpharrell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job and thanks for the motivation!!
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    Thank you for posting. I was just getting ready to ask someone about their c section belly. My doctor's have told me the only way to get rid of it is a tummy tuck and I just don't want to do that!! You look great!!

BUMP

I actually went for a consultation on January 21st to find out what my options were. I was qualified for the mini-tuck and was stoked that I didn't have to have a full...until I got the quote! Sorry $6500 was a little steep for something I could attempt on my own. My husband and I agreed that if I bust *kitten* for a year and I still haven't lost the "flap" then it would be our main priority to spend the money to have it removed! Work hard and you too could lose it!
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    WTG! I have been looking for c-section bellies as well b/c I would love to see a realistic vision of how my stomach can look. I still have a jiggly belly and a small "shelf" that I am trying to tone and get rid of. However, I believe my "shelf" will be here to stay and I will wear it proudly since I have 2 amazing little boys that my "shelf" was created for :) Keep up the good work. I would love to do Insanity, but doing the P90X program now.

We are on week 3 of Insanity and after we are going to start P90X. I will alternate between the two for now on because I've seen crazy amazing results on my friends ( :
  • LeSsOvMe
    LeSsOvMe Posts: 117
    Options
    Hell yeah!! You look fanfrickintastic!!! I just had a c-section 7 months ago. This definitely gives me hope. I will have to look for the videos you mentioned.
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    right on! you look amazing:-)
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Seriously well done gives me a lot of hope to see what can be done x
  • NorthSeaSqueezebox
    NorthSeaSqueezebox Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh wow... this is awesome! 2 months ...and you look sooooooooo good!
    I´m a c-section mommy, too... and I hate my flap. You give me hope. It can be done! Thank you so much for sharing your success! ♥
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    Hell yeah!! You look fanfrickintastic!!! I just had a c-section 7 months ago. This definitely gives me hope. I will have to look for the videos you mentioned.

Thanks everyone! LessOvMe, my LO will be 7 months old on the 1st ( :
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!