MiO Liquid Water Enhancer

Options
2»

Replies

• valeriedent2
    Options
    I have the Berry Pomegranate one and I really like it. It's like drinking juice, so makes a water serving go really quickly for me. Like a treat, almost!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You all sound so positive! I'm sorry to rain on anyone's parade and I'm all for drinking more water. But definitely read the ingredients. The main ingredient is propylene glycol. Better known as anti freeze. Don't over use this stuff!

I would never drink that stuff. I don't need to put chemicals and artificial sweeteners into my body.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    sodium = 0
  • Annie_Oakley
    Options
    I have the orange tangerine and fruit punch flavors, and I drink the "Green Thunder" MiO Energy in the morning (it contains caffeine). The cool part is you can put in as much or as little as you want, depending on your taste preference. The bottle says it has 24 servings (18 for the MiO Energy), and I probably get close to that because I don't like a lot of flavor. My coworker gets about half of the number of servings because she likes a lot of flavor in hers.

Does the Green Thunder taste like a Monster??

That's the first thing that came to mind when I first tried it - to me, it tastes EXACTLY like Monster...and I've tried nearly all of them. I like the Berry one - and both Energy flavors are wonderful. I've also had both of walmart's energy flavors - The green one is similar to a green apple flavor and their other energy flavor is cherry limeaid. The only flavor I've not liked is the Sweet Tea.
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I looove MIO! All the flavors are really good. And i just recently found the walmart brand on the shelf next to MIO and it tastes the same! And has ZERO calories as well....and its almost a buck cheaper....for those of us who go through 4-5 bottles a week thats a bonus =D
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I have the orange tangerine and fruit punch flavors, and I drink the "Green Thunder" MiO Energy in the morning (it contains caffeine). The cool part is you can put in as much or as little as you want, depending on your taste preference. The bottle says it has 24 servings (18 for the MiO Energy), and I probably get close to that because I don't like a lot of flavor. My coworker gets about half of the number of servings because she likes a lot of flavor in hers.

Does the Green Thunder taste like a Monster??

Ummm, it tastes more like a lime flavored G2 or Powerade Zero. Kind of like a melted sugar-free popsicle.
  • yesthistime
    Options
    what is the sodium per serving. I love propel zero and recently noticed the sodium is really high. Which was a very sad day for me:(

10 mg per serving for the MiO Energy I am drinking now.
  • yesthistime
    Options
    You all sound so positive! I'm sorry to rain on anyone's parade and I'm all for drinking more water. But definitely read the ingredients. The main ingredient is propylene glycol. Better known as anti freeze. Don't over use this stuff!

Thanks for the tip. I'm okay with it, though. I don't want my insides to freeze :drinker:
  • Leeska
    Leeska Posts: 12
    Options
    I just tried the Peach Tea one today for the first time. I really like it. And 2-3 small squirts is all you need. Just enough to sweeten the water and make it less boring without overpowering it. It's necessary to drink a certain amount of just plain old water, but that does get boring quickly and I'm so glad there's things like these to make it better.
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The main ingredient is propylene glycol. Better known as anti freeze. Don't over use this stuff!

Of course, the primary ingredient in car antifreeze is ethylene glycol, highly poisonous. Evidently the one methyl group makes a lot of difference.

Yes, propylene glycol is used as an antifreeze and de-icing agent, most especially in food processing plants. It's on the FDA's GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) list.

You know what else makes an amazing de-icer and anitfreeze? Salt. Which is one chemical away from being highly toxic as well.

Chemistry!!!
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Fruit punch is my favorite. And I'm thrilled that I found the Walmart brand which is $1 cheaper.

Drinking the fruit punch makes me feel like a kid again. I keep expecting the giant Kool-Aid dude to burst through my wall.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    The main ingredient is propylene glycol. Better known as anti freeze. Don't over use this stuff!

Of course, the primary ingredient in car antifreeze is ethylene glycol, highly poisonous. Evidently the one methyl group makes a lot of difference.

Yes, propylene glycol is used as an antifreeze and de-icing agent, most especially in food processing plants. It's on the FDA's GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) list.

You know what else makes an amazing de-icer and anitfreeze? Salt. Which is one chemical away from being highly toxic as well.

Chemistry!!!

Just because something is on the GRAS doesn't mean I want to eat it. Ever heard of pink slime?
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I like it too! Fruit punch was my favorite :-) For some reason it was causing me to have headaches so I had to stop drinking it.

Artificial sweeteners and food dyes have been and continue to be widely studied and reported to cause headaches, stomach distress and, if consumed regularly, seizures, ocular distress, weight GAIN, tumors and all sorts of other fun stuff. The symptoms vary by dye and sweetener. Do a Google Scholar search. You'll find all sorts of further reading - even by specific dye number!

Not everyone experiences these symptoms, of course, but if you find these ingredients in a number of products that you consume on a regular basis (yogurt, cereal, zero-calorie waters/flavorings, etc) and are experiencing these symptoms, it's probably a good idea to cut back on these things and see if your symptoms improve.
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have the Sweet Tea and Peach Tea flavors. Both are great, but I like the Sweet Tea more. I have a 24-oz. cup at work and I only use about 2-3 quick shots for the whole thing. My first bottle of Sweet Tea lasted about a month - I only drink my enhanced water MAYBE once or twice a day...usually when I get bored of drinking water and need a little boost.

I LOVE the sweet tea flavor!!
  • LSHANDREW
    LSHANDREW Posts: 39
    Options
    I hated it. tried 2 kinds. No thanks. I'll stick with my ocean spray mix in
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I like water in my water.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Black Cherry tastes just like Cherry Coke and I love it.

Please do your research before you say that Propylene Glycol is anti-freeze and insinuating that MiO is therefore dangerous. Perpetuating ridiculousness is unnecessary.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love me some Mio!! I don't have it often--like once a week maybe--but some days I just. can't. drink. another. ounce of water!!! I love the peach tea and the energy black cherry (although I don't know what's so "energy" about it). I saw that our Sam's club now carries it in 3-packs.

Hmm...now I think I might go make some! :drinker:

ETA: Poster above me, Saffyra, said: "Perpetuating ridiculousness is unnecessary." ...this is now my new favorite quote, well said!