Any other mommies?

Options
2»

Replies

• frogg2allegra
    Options
    I love the mommy thread idea. I've been here a month and have not found any one group that stands out to me. All of them sound great but some just don't quite fit. Since, the motherhood claims more time than anything else. I think that it is a great common bond. I weigh in on Saturdays at work (night shift) so Sunday mornings...if anyone is interested I will start a thread post of:

BW:
    CW: with gain or loss
    GW:

I'll post when I get home :)

I use to think stay at home moms had it the easiest until I became one myself. I work nights but everyday I am home with my child so, I feel like a stay at home mom and a working mom both :)
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    here is the link for the current sahm thread for this week

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61339-sahm-7-27-8-2

it's a monday thru sunday thread.
    we aren't formal with challenges or weigh in's--but we all tend to post that info. we share our struggles, goals, advice, support whether it's about getting fit or parenting.

but i totally understand frogg2allegra's comment about "fitting in." it's true that certain groups and thread have vibes that either work for you or don't.
    so--here's to all of us finding our place(s) in mfp and reaching our goals! :drinker:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I'm a mommy!! 24 year old married full-time working mommy of 3 kids!! 4yrs(step son), 2yrs, 7months! I lost ALL of my weight in between pregnancies but then packed it ALL back on and then some :grumble: then i got prego with my daughter, lost 19lbs during the pregnancy & just kept on losing (44lbs total since December)- parlty because of the cancer, but also partly because i took my life back & decided to be healthier. :smile: I think the idea of a "Mommy Thread" is awesome! Look forward to reading challenges/check ins! :glasses: Happy Saturday!
  • Chickiebabe151
    Options
    I love the idea of a mommy group. I have a 4 month year oldbaby girl. I have had a difficult time losing weight but a few weeks ago I decided to kick it up a knotch and take up running which has helped shed 5 lbs so far. I go to the gym 3 days a week when her dad has time to help but I needed more than that. The running has been a fun thing to do with me and her and most of the time she seems to enjoy it. I always heard breastfeeding makes you lose weight effortlessly but that definitely isn't the case for me. I have had to work for every single pound so far. I also gained 60 lbs during my pregnancy which left me 45 to lose after. I've lost 15 and now have 30 to go. It's definitely hard and frustrating but I just know that when I get there I will feel so accomplished.

Pre-Preg: 125lbs
    Birth: 190 lbs
    After Birth: 174 lbs
    Current: 159 lbs
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    mommy to three munchkins
    Two- 4 year olds
    One- 21 month old
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hello, i joined about two weeks ago. I have three boys ages 9, 5, and 3. I have been wanting to lose about 20 pounds since my last child was born but just started getting serious this past spring and lost 10 so far. I found this site because I love to be able to track my calories online. The added support of others like me is a bonus!
    As far as exercise, i joined a gym nearby ClubFitness and only charges $15/ month with childcare. Love it. It also helps when your children get a bit older and are in school. I also use the Wii step aerobics and get up before my children are up so they are not trying to do it with me or interrupt me.
    Kathleen
  • cbaker01
    Options
    Hello....I just joined this site tonight inspiring to lose approx. 20 or more pounds. I too am a mommy of 2 boys, they are indeed the loves of my life, but it is time I get "ME" back..... I too struggle with the post baby body and my boys are 4 & 6....but it seems like it is easier to manage your weight when they are smaller......now they love all this stuff and are so slim that when we do take them for treats like ice cream and such i indulge as well....knowing that I have probably made enough bad eating choices all day already?????? I am in search of a way to get back on track I did it once i can do it again! Good luck to you... no need to get sad, it is all a part of life, it is just what we choose to change and when you are ready you will do just fine!