Non-Religious Friends?

Options
adamb83
adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
Hi, All -

Just looking to add some non-religious friends on MFP.

I'm a "spiritual" person, in general, so I'm not looking specifically for atheists or anything... but what I'm really seeking is friendship with those who find power in themselves and the journey of others.

I'm not Christian or religious, so when I leave posts/notes, etc. and get replies such as "the strength of Christ will get you through" - well, I appreciate the sentiment and positivity, but it's just not very helpful for me.

If you're a positive person who believes that you are in control of your own destiny and well-being, and would like to be involved in motivational relationships with similar-minded people living in like fasion... add me? :)

Best of luck to all!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm not Christian either! Very spiritual though. I have my faith, and I don't want to be converted! LOL! Sending you a friend request!
  • sixela0827
    Options
    i can totally get behind this. Friends?
  • adamb83
    Options
    Awesome!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm pretty sure I am at my goal weight from my sweat and hard work, Jesus didn't swoop down from the heavens and magically remove the weight. At least I don't think so....

(not religious)
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I hear you - wonder if you've been reading the same topic I have lol! I'm an anarchic hedgewitch, very tolerant of other people's belief systems - actually enjoy having friends of different faiths - but do not appreciate well-meaning attempts at conversion. Anyone can feel free to add me. Oh, and out of respect for myself I am 'allowed' to have male friends lol!
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You can add me. This is my life and my destiny. No others have control :)
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Spiritual but not at all religious.
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You can add me :D
  • adamb83
    Options
    Yay!
  • adamb83
    Options
    I'm an anarchic hedgewitch, very tolerant of other people's belief systems .... out of respect for myself I am 'allowed' to have male friends lol!

First part - very interesting! Second part - LOL!
  • Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    add me :) im very spiritual also :)
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm Tibetan Buddhism. An actual tenet of buddhism says 'actions have consequences'--I'm just not deist or theist, and know that it's up to me to live my own life, so I do--! I don't actually know how to add friends here, since basically I just write down what I eat, see that sometimes people in communities can be really mean to each other, and so I don't get involved much with that stuff.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm not religious or spiritual. I'm agnostic but would like to be friends so add me if you'd like.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain to me what the difference between "spiritual" and "religious" is? This has always confused me.
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I believe in the Church of Baseball. Friends?
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    hahaha I feel the same dang way! feel free to send a request if you'd like!

hahahhahahahhaha i think this is the best introduce yourself i've seen
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    AW MAN! You just ruined the argument I made today to a friend, "I've never seen a Looking For Non-Religious Friends thread" I said. So much for that.

Ok this'll be locked because they did that with the Christian thread and turn about is fair play.

But we have a group, MFP Atheists, message me for an invite.

Now wave as this all goes away...
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'd call myself spiritual but have never had any use for organized religion. Feel free to add me.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    That was so very well put, I agree completely - I will send you a friend request.
This discussion has been closed.