question for anyone who gets waxed regularly ...

Options
2»

Replies

• StephanieRDMS
    StephanieRDMS Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I get my brazilian every 4 weeks. I talked to my esthetician about laser hair removal down there, and she said she totally supports it. She said she's had her underarms done - now THAT would be hella beneficial.

I did ask her about the pain, and she said they have these "cool lasers" out now, with some cold burst while they laser the patches of hair. Its well worth looking into...but just haven't had the time.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I get waxed every 4 - 5 weeks and year round. I find that every 4 weeks keeps it from getting too unruly, and makes it less painful. . .

thank you ... i knew if i waited i'd actually get an answer to my question (all you other people - shame on you - you are all so dirty minded!! (but i ♥ you))
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    oh - and the pain doesn't bother me. i've got no problem with it - i was just wondering if i'd benefit more (less groth, thinner growth) if i did it year round.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I totally thought this thread was about something else...oh well.
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Why does having pubic hair worry you so much that you have to go through a painful and worrying process to have it artificially removed?

Girls who wear bikinis don't want it to look like they are smuggling a long hair chihuahua in it.

And that's why trimming is always a good option if you'd rather not have anything ripped out of your nether regions.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    sending you a private chat...
  • meghan1789
    meghan1789 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I do it every 4-5 weeks. I found a great place and if I go every month, every 6th wax is free :) Although, I have to admit that I do shave sometimes (like when I have a date or go swimming) in between because I can't deal because I have naturally dark hair. But I do try really hard not to do it in between.

Also, I have to share this with you and all other women who wax, I really highly suggest you trying sugaring instead of waxing. It's a hundred times less painful, the pain doesn't last as long and you almost never get ingrown hairs or red bumps, because the sugar mix only attaches to dead stuff and leaves all the live cells where they are. If you have only ever waxed before, it will change your life! Look into it, you won't regret it! :)
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Why does having pubic hair worry you so much that you have to go through a painful and worrying process to have it artificially removed?

Girls who wear bikinis don't want it to look like they are smuggling a long hair chihuahua in it.

hahaha:laugh:
  • my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    i could never do waxing. I did however get the laser hair removal. It hurts probably 10x worse. It also takes anywhere from 6 to 8 treatments for the hair to be gone and it does require a little bit of up keep in the years to come. The good news is its not that expensive!!! Look on your local website for half off coupons for your local hair removal locations. Mine has them all the time. I got a 1,000 treatment for 500. Add up the cost of your waxing each summer and its probably not too far off. That is, assuming the cost is what is holding you back. Just wanted to share my opinion. :)
    I'm curious about your response. Why do you say "I could never do waxing" - especially if laser hurts 10x worse? I thought the biggest negative of waxing was the pain? Is there another negative to waxing? (sorry, I'm asking out of ignorance - don't know much about waxing, except that "You look like a man-o-lantern" was one of the funniest lines in a movie I've heard in awhile).

This is probably tmi, but for me there was always a reaction (skin kind). Lasted for days. Pain doesn't bother me at all. The pain invlovled in the hair removal was atleast a long term thing. I knew that once i was done I would only have to be back every couple of years for touch ups. :)
  • my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    I get my brazilian every 4 weeks. I talked to my esthetician about laser hair removal down there, and she said she totally supports it. She said she's had her underarms done - now THAT would be hella beneficial.

I did ask her about the pain, and she said they have these "cool lasers" out now, with some cold burst while they laser the patches of hair. Its well worth looking into...but just haven't had the time.

Thats what they used on me..... still made my eyes water and i thought about running out of the room. lol, don't think it helps that much, but anything cool is better then nothing :)
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I wax myself, every 2-3 weeks-been doing for about a year. Yes, it grows back finer.

...and to the poster that asked why we would 'artificially remove it'...don't knock it till you try it.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    i could never do waxing. I did however get the laser hair removal. It hurts probably 10x worse. It also takes anywhere from 6 to 8 treatments for the hair to be gone and it does require a little bit of up keep in the years to come. The good news is its not that expensive!!! Look on your local website for half off coupons for your local hair removal locations. Mine has them all the time. I got a 1,000 treatment for 500. Add up the cost of your waxing each summer and its probably not too far off. That is, assuming the cost is what is holding you back. Just wanted to share my opinion. :)
    I'm curious about your response. Why do you say "I could never do waxing" - especially if laser hurts 10x worse? I thought the biggest negative of waxing was the pain? Is there another negative to waxing? (sorry, I'm asking out of ignorance - don't know much about waxing, except that "You look like a man-o-lantern" was one of the funniest lines in a movie I've heard in awhile).

This is probably tmi, but for me there was always a reaction (skin kind). Lasted for days. Pain doesn't bother me at all. The pain invlovled in the hair removal was atleast a long term thing. I knew that once i was done I would only have to be back every couple of years for touch ups. :)
    Thanks. Not TMI. Totally makes sense now. Of course some people might be sensitive to the wax itself. Never thought of that.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

***TMI alert***
    I'm not the person who said that, but I can't wax either. A week later harsh bumps that scar really bad (the scars last for months and look SOOOO ugly). I've done it for a special event (and just suffered later). The good news is a good trimmer gives a nice effect without all the pain and scarring.
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    I've been getting a full brazilian wax for about 8 years now and I often have estheticians comment on how little hair I now have. I am naturally quite blonde and can go up to 8 weeks without a wax.

But you should be able to go after 4 weeks if there is sufficient growth.

I've tried waxing myself but there are just some areas I can't get to as well as a professional can! :blushing: