Zumba DVD vs Class

I did the class for about a month where I used to live. I had an awesome gym that charged $15/month for unlimited classes. Now I've had to move and can't find anything even close to that. So I decided instead of spending $80/month I would spend $100 once and get the Exhilarate DVDs.

I'm not even remotely happy with it. Is it going to take more time to adjust? I know its a different experience but the music isn't the same and I don't like them talking so much. She annoys me.

Anyone else had this problem and stuck with the DVD? I'm feeling disappointed. I was counting on this to really be IT for my weight loss journey..

Has anyone had success with the DVD?

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    I love doing the Zumba video game. I think it is great and am saving up to get the DVD's. However I have never been to a class before. I bet the class is way more fun. I do like making a fool of myself in my own home though.
  • I got the DVD Zumba and it just isn't the same. You only have yourself and there is no movtivation to do it since its just you. You could use your music set it to the zumba DVD. Hope your more in tune than I was. Good luck. I do love Zumba when I would go with my daughter.
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    I just went to my first zumba class last week. And although I was absolutely terrible, it was great fun! And I loved the whole vibe and atmosphere, which you definitely don't get from a dvd. Sorry to hear this. I hope you grow to like them! Or sell them, lol. Do you have a ymca near you? I don't know if it's all, but the one by me has $5 zumba classes! This is the drop in non member fee! For members it's free.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    I'm a person that gets a lot more out of live classes than DVD's. I fiind even the Wii zumba to be much less of a workout for me than a class. I guess it just depends on what floats your boat because I know a lot of people that do great with DVD's. I don't at all and it sounds like you are the same way.
  • Kiki91395
    Kiki91395 Posts: 10
    I do the Zumba activate DVD and i really enjoy it...its 45 minutess long...i prefer the dvd
  • weemuse
    weemuse Posts: 40
    I've done both live classes and the video game. Loved the class and loved the Zumba game for Wii. Both great workouts.
  • Laligoose
    Laligoose Posts: 10 Member
    I really enjoy zumba classes and I hate the DVDs. I too get annoyed by all the talking! Going to a class feels more motivating to try as hard as everyone else around you. When I do zumba at home I just download videos from youtube. I like those better than the official zumba videos. And if I can, I try to find someone to do it with me. It's been fun so far, maybe not as good as an actual class but close enough for me.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,546 Member
    That's me. Love the class really don't like the DVD's. They bore me and I don't get much of a workout either. It's my better than nothing workout. Sorry about the cost!
  • ruthvbailey
    ruthvbailey Posts: 23 Member
    Hi I have used the Zumba DVD'S now for over a year and enjoy it. I do it late at night and find it is good for me as evening is when I would snack and this certainly takes my mind off it. You must have good motivation though otherwise you just wont get the results. Saying that though I think you need to mix up the type of exercise as your body gets use to it. I am sure if you do that you wont get so bored with it and appreciate it a bit more.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    I did the class for about a month where I used to live. I had an awesome gym that charged $15/month for unlimited classes. Now I've had to move and can't find anything even close to that. So I decided instead of spending $80/month I would spend $100 once and get the Exhilarate DVDs.

I'm not even remotely happy with it. Is it going to take more time to adjust? I know its a different experience but the music isn't the same and I don't like them talking so much. She annoys me.

Anyone else had this problem and stuck with the DVD? I'm feeling disappointed. I was counting on this to really be IT for my weight loss journey..

Has anyone had success with the DVD?

I enjoy both but I think I like my DVDs better. Just because of the convience. Try the fitness concert and the mix. I love them both. And don't select the version where they cue you.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Ive never been to a Zumba class so I bought the Zumba game for the Wii and I can't follow it at all. Wasted my money on it. If anyone here would like to buy the Zumba game for the Wii game send me an email. Its brand new and used it 1 time to try it out.
    I paid $40 + with tax for it :(