4 lbs?!

Options
2»

Replies

• mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's already been said to some degree in here, but you are eating an excessive amount of carbs and insanely little protein. MFP already puts your carb goal high and your protein goal very low so to be over on the carbs and under the protein (a lot of days you seem waaaay under on the protein) isn't going to help you in the long run. Not saying you should cut carbs and up portein radically, just...considerably. Noticeably, at least. At least give it a try for a week :)

That being said, your one-day-4 lbs is probably water retention.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself first thing in the morning before you eat anything and only once a week... My weight can go up or down 3-4 lbs, a day between food intake and water intake.. I have been in maintenance mode for the last 4 weeks do to knee surgery and I just start back to weight loss mode. So I weighed in yesterday at 259.. this morning I was 261 and just now before dinner 257... lol that is why you stay off the scale daily. it will drive you crazy.. When I am in weightloss mode I weigh in on Wednesday morning, it is far enough away from the weekend which is when I have my spike meal (friday or saturday dinner)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Do you really think you ate the 14000 extra calories needed to put on 4 pounds? Probably not. Might just be water retention from too much sodium.
  • jcarnes66
    jcarnes66 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you've drank as much water as you're supposed to, I can easily see 4 lbs. That's exactly why I NEVER weigh until the morning. I do weigh every day though. I like to see how certain foods or my diet affects how much I go up or down in weight.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    You weight will be constantly changing throughout the day. That is why I always weight myself at the same time. I actually threw out my scale because I got sick of being a slave to it. Now I care more about my Body Fat Percentage and my body measurements. I will occasionally weigh myself at the y, but it always at the same time, under the same conditions.
  • effdawg
    effdawg Posts: 10
    Options
    ok suggestion time DO NOT WEIGHT yourself everyday you will go bonkers make it like once a week at the same time. My issue for a long time has been my sleep schedule, I still do not get enough sleep to provide me with better weight loss but I have been taking a tea to help me sleep and another tea to help keep your system clean. It is called simply ultra slim tea
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Do you really think you ate the 14000 extra calories needed to put on 4 pounds? Probably not. Might just be water retention from too much sodium.

How much sodium should I aim for? Because I'm always under, usually by a thousand or more.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

How much sodium should I aim for? Because I'm always under, usually by a thousand or more.

You need a minimum of 500 per day, be careful you don't try to do a diet with next to none in, it can be very dangerous.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Well, guess what guys? I weighed in on a better scale at the gym and I've lost 4 lbs! I'm now 192 lbs :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

You need a minimum of 500 per day, be careful you don't try to do a diet with next to none in, it can be very dangerous.

Okay :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Well, guess what guys? I weighed in on a better scale at the gym and I've lost 4 lbs! I'm now 192 lbs :)

WTG!!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

WTG!!

Thank you so much :)