Anyone else have a hard time taking a rest day?

Options
13»

Replies

• Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sometimes even cleaning house makes for a good rest day activity :-)

I'm just becoming addicted to activity. I never used to be. I used to be addicted to sitting on my butt. I appreciate the change and look forward to using my rest day for getting a lot done around the house.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Yes! If I am at home watching TV, I'd sit there just watching it for maybe a minute....then bust out the yoga mat and before I know it I'm sweating my *kitten* off doing jumping jacks and burpees.

Maybe its an addiction, but I'll take this over food addiction ANY day!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I do... I feel like I have all of this adrenaline in my body and I need to do something. But I do take the day off. Sometimes when it gets bad I'll just walk the dogs a little extra or something.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I do!!!! Every now and then I look forward to a rest day but I always feel like something is missing! I do miss my workouts normally though :)
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    What is this "rest day" you speak of?

In all seriousness you don't need to take a rest day if you are mixing things up. If you want to take one , great. My last rest day was in October of last year.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I squat, bench, and deadlift 3 days a week; heavy weight, multiple sets. I NEED my rest days.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I love my rest day....the problem happens the next day when i work out again...i feel like ive never worked out before!!:sick:
  • mexy04
    mexy04 Posts: 96
    Options
    Hells yea I feel guilty
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Plus being a stay at home/homeschooling Mom, it's really the ONLY alone time I get during the day to be honest.

THIS! I have four kids, and I take my Nook to the gym and read while I'm doing my cardio -- I need to burn off all my frantic energy after the kids have run me ragged!!!! :-D
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I am the same. Just go for a walk..walks are perfectly fine on rest days.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I do yoga on rest days

If your yoga is "rest," it's not the same kind of yoga I'm doing lol.
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    I don't take rest days. I can't imagine not working out and then I wouldn't be able to eat as much. :)
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    I had to take a rest day in Tuesday because I was so sick and yet I felt so guilty. I do try an take a rest day at least once a week to recover but I still feel the same guilt.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    ...there is a bit of a fear that once I rest for a day I will have a hard time starting up the next day.

This ^^

additionally...'tomorrow' might be too wet or cold or I might be invited out and HAVE to miss a walk.

I walk every morning except Sundays, and every evening except Wednesdays. So far this schedule has served me well.
  • rae_ann
    rae_ann Posts: 13
    Options
    Active rest. walk the dog around the neighborhood, clean stay on your toes
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Me!

As others have stated, talking walks and other light activity helps
  • JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes, I rarely rest unless I'm traveling, and I'm usually going nuts.
  • Coco_puff901
    Coco_puff901 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I also take a walk on rest days... just to keep moving :)
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've learned the hard way on more than a few occasions that certain injuries are almost guaranteed and very hard to heal if I don't take *some* time off, or at least vary my activities appropriately.

When rock climbing, the musculature often develops about 10 times faster than then connective tissues, making climbers very prone to chronic tendonitis. If I don't take at least one and preferably two days off between climbing days, I can find myself in serious pain. And the only way to heal those kinds of injuries is to not climb at all!

Non-musculoskeletal exercise, however, is fine for me to pursue every day.