Discouraged That My Body Just Loves My Fat Too Much to Break

Options
I am venturing into the circle for some advice. I am going on two and half years of my journey, and starting to get very discouraged. In the past two and half years I have only lost 40 pounds, while my need is more like 100lbs. Since day one exercise has been involved. I've worked with a personal trainer two times a week and 4-5 days a week on my own, I walk/jog, Turbo Fire, P90, Zumba, strength train, variety is the spice that keeps exercise interesting. Secondly, came the diet I have increasingly eaten healthier, yet the weight stays. Now, I can maintain like a warrior, but that isn't what I need! But, when you are 230lbs that isn't what you want. I net 1200 calories a day, yes I eat back my exercise calories. For the last 3 months I've crept up 4lbs and lost zero inches, I am logging more diligently than ever, exercising routinely and just getting really discouraged.

Things I have tried in the past 6 months: low carb, lower calorie, zig zaggin calories, a bit higher calories (but not much maybe netting 1500-1700) and currently I am working on higher protein.

Thank you for listening to my rant, as my family and trainer are all baffled along with me. I will keep staying the course since my NSV have included completing a half marathon and buying non-plus size clothing :) If you have any ideas I am happy to listen.

Replies

• HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem. Since December Ive lost 8 pounds. I count calories and I work out hard and often. I met with a nutritionist today through a program at the university where I work and it was pretty enlightening. My initial calorie goal was 1200 and then I bumped it up to 1400 about a month or so ago. She said I'm eating way too few calories and I should be eating around 1700-1800 calories minimum. It's something you might want to consider.
    Theresa
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    Perhaps it's not about the food that you eat, the calories you intake or your exercise
    Perhaps it's your state of mind?
    How is your mental well being?
    If your discouraged all the time, maybe that's whats affecting you
    Because it's just as much about your state of mind as it is diet/exercise
    I believe strongly believe that our mind reflects our body
    If you're able to change your mind
    You will be able to change your body
    If your mind is strong, then you shall be able to persist and keep on going
    No matter what the scale says or what the inches are
    You just keep on going, and whether it takes another 2 years for you to lose 40 pounds
    then hell, isn't that good enough? because it seems to me, you're doing a pretty good damn job already
    In the general sense, weight loss is easy. Calories in, calories out, you eat below your maintenance and you should lose weight, Unfortunately, it's not that simple and so many things factor in to weight loss or weight gain
    If you have been eating 1500-1700 calories for the past 2 years, then your body is used to it
    and it's time you change it up a bit. Because unfortunately, our bodies are so good at adapting, it's almost stupid
    at the same time.
    So here's what i propose to you.
    Eat 2000 calories for a whole week, and the next week eat 1500-1700 calories. Cycle your calories and confuse your body
    But really, most importantly, ask your self this question "are you really doing the best that you can?" and "how determined am i?" because if you set your mind to it, you can pretty much lose another 40 pounds this year. Other people have done it, so why can't you? ^_^
  • kikiloo
    kikiloo Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem. Since December Ive lost 8 pounds. I count calories and I work out hard and often. I met with a nutritionist today through a program at the university where I work and it was pretty enlightening. My initial calorie goal was 1200 and then I bumped it up to 1400 about a month or so ago. She said I'm eating way too few calories and I should be eating around 1700-1800 calories minimum. It's something you might want to consider.
    Theresa

I have been looking at dieticians and nutritionists in my area, not sure if it was worth it, but it may be time. My doctor tells me to stay the course :smile: