Took my official 190lb 'before' picture today. I'm disgusted

Options
How bad my body looks sunk in today. I took my 190lb progress photos today. I've lost 8lbs already but seeing the photos scares the bageezus outta me! I had no clue I looked so bad.

Has anyone else taken before photos and felt this way? On one hand it makes me want to cry, and the other makes me want to loose it that much more.

Replies

• tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I shudder each and every time I revisit them.
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I took pics shortly after I lost a couple lbs.
    They're not so great but it motivates me to create a better "after".
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Not before photos, but photos from Christmas. I was 152 (got to a high of 161) and I didn't recognize myself. I cried, I cursed. Last Friday I weighed in a mere 2 pounds lighter than those photos and I look completely different, thanks to exercise.

Stay focused, you've got this. Use it as motivation and never look back!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    yesssssss

take a look at my pictures. i stamped my weight on each of them. at the time I TOOK the picture, I thought I looked pretty good. when I SAW the picture after, I hated each of them...as I go along, i find I hate them less, but still not too happy with the way I look in pictures.
  • DaltonsMom910
    Options
    I did too.. I started at 198 lbs, now I'm at 184 lbs, but really havent seen a difference other than my neck & my waist alittle. We don't put the weight on overnight, so we can't expect to lose it overnight. Just use that as motivation! That's what Im doing! I look at the picture often and am not happy, so I just keep pushing on and eventually we'll start seeing better results! Best wishes!
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yes, I finally took pictures and measurements yesterday. So not happy.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    How bad my body looks sunk in today. I took my 190lb progress photos today. I've lost 8lbs already but seeing the photos scares the bageezus outta me! I had no clue I looked so bad.

Has anyone else taken before photos and felt this way? On one hand it makes me want to cry, and the other makes me want to loose it that much more.

I feel that way everytime i see my profile pic. Depresses,and makes me proud all at the same time...sad and embarrassing to see how far i let myself go, But proud of myself and how far i've come in asuch a short time.
  • carolyns19
    Options
    I don't even have a lot of weight to lose, but I do have too high % of BF. Seeing the picture was a reality check for me that even though my scale number isn't high, that I still need to work hard and get in better shape. I'm really hoping that I'll have a kick *kitten* "after"!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    When I took those photos of myself at 266 I was so disgusted too. Now I remember why I avoid full length mirrors :(
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one. I am so embarrassed i'm not sure if I want anybody to even see them! In a way it's completely admitting to everybody around you how bad you have really let yourself get. When I DO lose the weight I will be glad I took them.
  • ChristinaMcKeever
    ChristinaMcKeever Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes those photos is what motivates me to continue my weight loss, i have them as my computer screen saver so i see them everyday!!!
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yup, happened to me. And wow. makes me sick!! I keep them on my phone to remind me
  • nvang22
    nvang22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Definitely know what you mean! But yes, use that as your motivation.. I have a hard time motivating myself as well but I think that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna use my before pictures as motivation! Like my friend said, don't use other skinny girls as motivation because that's not you and that's not realistic for who you are. We're all different! :) Good luck!!!!!!
  • erinf1049
    erinf1049 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    absolutely know how you feel...i was at one point 257, now im at 200. i feel proud of myself for the weight i lost but horrible that i was even ever there. and with a long way to go...pictures of people in a bikini for their "before" pics REALLY makes me feel bad!:noway: BUT, goes to show that we each set our own goals. 190 to you is a lot, to me, it would be great progress. keep up the good work girlie, one day it will only be a memory! :smile:
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Make sure you keep taking them along the way!!! I never took any of my body while it made the huge jump from then to now, and now I'm having to adjust my perception even more drastically because I don't have in between photos to show my progress. Your progression is just as important as your before and after. :)

(gotta go kick my rear end for not doing it while i had the chance...)
  • UltraRoyal
    Options
    OH gosh yaaaaa!!! I thought I looked good regardless of the bit of baby weight...WRONG!!! I looked at the pic, and its like reality refocused and I saw a cow inna dress with my head on it.....like how delusional was I. But thank God for those eye opener pics because Im feeling and looking way better now! 30lbs down and 30 more to go!!! So dont fret, be thankful for the eye opener. Best wishes!
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It's only when you see yourself in photos that it really hits you and then you are motivated for a bit and hopefully that motivation stays.
  • pigwidgeon82
    pigwidgeon82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yes, i knew my butt was big but i always thought it was "nice" big and the pictures proved that wasn't so!
  • hermione_ar
    hermione_ar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I found some photos of me from a couple of years ago just last night and was horrified. i really had no idea I was that big. It makes me embarrased that everyone around me saw me that way. I'm about 25lbs lighter than that now and still not exactly happy with how I look, but so much better than before. I look forward to losing more and then looking back at those photos and seeing a real change - and motivation to never let it happen again!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    When I DO lose the weight I will be glad I took them.

Exactly. Don't worry, you'll get there.