NSG

Options
What is your Non-Scale Goal? Mine is to have a jawline, an actual jawline so I can get my haircut any way, ANY WAY I want and not wonder 'Does this make my face look fat?'

Replies

• usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    That's one of mine too!
    Also, clear skin, from being healthy and not oozing oil all the time. ;)
    Tank tops, and being able to wave to someone in one.
    Really, all the girly cut sleeves that I dread right now.
    Light colors.
    Waist of pants not digging in when I'm sitting.
    Shopping in ANY store, some stores don't carry over a size 8/10... :(
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Complete the Warrior Dash this year!
  • KansasRain
    Options
    my non scale goal is to be a size 9 again, i know most people aim for a lower size more like a 6-8 but me i wanna be a 9!i may go lower once i have reach that but we will see. i also would like to shop and not feel ashamed of handing back every single item i try on because it didn't fit or looked bad on me. to own and ware a dress that looks good on me. mostly im hoping all of my hard work and healthy habits will lead to my asthma clearing up but i doubt it.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wear a bathing suit (eventually a bikini...maybe) without shorts and a tank top over it.
  • rhichi
    rhichi Posts: 133
    Options
    I want my weight to stop affecting my fertility. If I can really get in shape (including maintaining a reasonable fat %, a healthy immune system, and a strong, working body with energy), then there's a chance my PCOS issues could clear up and I may not even need to take medication when my fiance and I get married and start trying for kids. Also, I want to look at myself and feel like I look the way a healthy girl my age should.

In the short term, my goal is to run a 5K this summer and return to dancing or tai chi.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    To wear a bikini and look good in it... and to rid myself of my oh so flabby arms...
  • AfonsoSilva
    Options
    Complete the Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder this year.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Mine are: *To look good in My bridesmaids Dress for my Cousin's wedding
    *To get cute clothes for my Vegas trip in August
    And then fitnessy ones:
    *To Run the majority of a 5k (Ran & Walked my first in March!)
    *To Surf
    *To Play Hockey again
    & Long Long term to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon next Feb!
  • healthycurves2012
    Options
    To feel strong, vital, and alive. To live a long, healthy, fulfilling life.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    To be able to take my wedding ring on and off at will. Not stuck on cause I've gained weight.
  • Kateraptor
    Options
    Complete RAGBRAI this year, eat healthier and make a transition into a healthier, happier me. The weight loss is nice, and I'd like to get down to a healthy weight, but for me, it's mostly about the journey there.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Having a jawline and getting to a point where I can take martial arts so my boyfriend and I can spar.
  • cbayati
    cbayati Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is everything in my head. Goodness, I thought I was the only one wallowing in despair when stores didn't carry a 14 :/
  • Kailel
    Kailel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I want to go back to a size nine, be stronger than the boys again, make people go "Where'd you find a girl like that?" like they used to, climb a mountain again (did it at size nine, lol, same goal?), and get my self-confidence back.
  • ChristinaMcKeever
    ChristinaMcKeever Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    To just look in the mirror and think that i look good and am happy with myself!
  • curiousgirl0985
    curiousgirl0985 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Complete the Warrior Dash in June...and one of these days, be able to do pull-ups!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My appendix scar to flatten. It probably won't ever 100%. I was never stitched up, had tubes inside me for a while to drain it, then just left to heal from the inside out, to allow all the fluids to finish draining. Yea, it ruptured. The scar ripples in and out. It's just nasty. So perhaps with a flat belly, my scar might finally lay flat(ter).
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I want to do a body weight pull up.. And lose the fat protecting my six pack....
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Keep the faith girl!
    I want my weight to stop affecting my fertility. If I can really get in shape (including maintaining a reasonable fat %, a healthy immune system, and a strong, working body with energy), then there's a chance my PCOS issues could clear up and I may not even need to take medication when my fiance and I get married and start trying for kids. Also, I want to look at myself and feel like I look the way a healthy girl my age should.

In the short term, my goal is to run a 5K this summer and return to dancing or tai chi.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I walk about 3.5 miles home from work most days and about halfway there's a gallery with giant windows. Today I caught my reflection in the window and while my walk was feeling great, my reflection made me want to gag. I know I'm attractive, people tell me that all the time, yet somehow I can't look at myself. So my NSG is to like what I see, or even just approve of what I see, when I walk past that gallery a few months from now.

My secondary goals are to complete Tough Mudder with my best friend towards the end of this year. He's a triathlete so I got my work cut out for me haha.