Any brides-to-be out there?

Options
Hello, my name is Maggie and I'm getting married in october of this year! I don't want to lose a bunch of weight by the wedding, Im mostly wanting to tone up my arms. Ive already toned up my legs and butt, but my arms are still flabby, mostly in the tricep area. Any dumbell exercises that I could do to fix the problem? your advice is much appreciated! and I'm super excited to be here!

Replies

• Kellster30
    Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm a bride to be!! Getting married May 2013 - so I've still got a little over a year before my big day!
  • mwaid
    mwaid Posts: 19
    Options
    Then we should definitely help each other along the way to the big day! nice to meet you!
  • sydneylonnelle
    sydneylonnelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm also getting married in May of 2013!

hopefully wanting to lose about 60 pounds by then :P
    I'm a bride to be!! Getting married May 2013 - so I've still got a little over a year before my big day!
  • alphasigalum
    Options
    I am a bride to be, getting married in June 2012 so I got to get going! :)
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    congratulations! my boyfriend and I are discussing possibly getting married next spring. a friend gave me a book called "buff brides" by sue fleming. check it out!

51H4ZSmQZrL_BO2204203200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-clickTopRight35-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
  • itschristine
    itschristine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Maggie and I'm getting married in october of this year! I don't want to lose a bunch of weight by the wedding, Im mostly wanting to tone up my arms. Ive already toned up my legs and butt, but my arms are still flabby, mostly in the tricep area. Any dumbell exercises that I could do to fix the problem? your advice is much appreciated! and I'm super excited to be here!

Hi Maggie, congratulations (and of course to all the ladies getting married this year and next year) =)
    7 more months to go! I'm getting married December this year. I'm really excited. what theme are you doing for your wedding?

I also have the same problem with my arms, I think they're the same size as my legs. LOL. but how did you toned up your butt and legs? oh hopefully not in the gym coz im not a gym fan. i love working out at home. =) any tips?
    :flowerforyou:
  • nicoleallman
    Options
    I'm a bride-to-be!! Getting married August 11th of this year!! A little over 4 months away :) Congratulations to everyone!!
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    Congrats everyone! I'm getting married 1st September in Bali cannot wait!

i also want to tone up etc, i already have my dress so wouldn't want it to not fit me! ;) But i don't want to look back on my wedding photos with any regret, so i want to look the best i can be!

Anyone also taking any supplements? Been considering hair/skin/nail ones recently, have also been having microdermabrasion facials to get my skin looking lovely and wedding day ready! ;)
  • itschristine
    itschristine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone! I'm getting married 1st September in Bali cannot wait!

i also want to tone up etc, i already have my dress so wouldn't want it to not fit me! ;) But i don't want to look back on my wedding photos with any regret, so i want to look the best i can be!

Anyone also taking any supplements? Been considering hair/skin/nail ones recently, have also been having microdermabrasion facials to get my skin looking lovely and wedding day ready! ;)

Congratulations Hollie! Oh I wish I can see your wedding dress, wedding photos etc.. I'm also doing microdermabrasion once a month. taking supplements for hair/skin/nail is such a good idea. which one do you recommend?
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    ps ladies have you tried any jillian michaels dvds? No more trouble zones is great for those trouble zones! (funnily enough! hehe)

I've recently been doing ripped in 30 and have noticed a huge difference in thighs and arms... i have muscles now! :)
  • Kellster30
    Options
    ps ladies have you tried any jillian michaels dvds? No more trouble zones is great for those trouble zones! (funnily enough! hehe)

I've recently been doing ripped in 30 and have noticed a huge difference in thighs and arms... i have muscles now! :)

I have the Jillian Michaels Kickboxing DVD - it's quite the workout! I actually just did it..and I'm so exhausted I don't want to move! I've heard lots of good things about her DVD's (especially the 30 Day Shred) so I figured I'd try one out for myself. I just picked it up on Friday, so I've only done 2 workouts so far - hopefully in a month or so I'll post some results!
  • Kellster30
    Options
    I'm also getting married in May of 2013!

hopefully wanting to lose about 60 pounds by then :P

Congrats! When in May are you getting married? We're getting married May 4.
  • MrsDouglas2U
    MrsDouglas2U Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I'm currently on my weight loss track for my wedding 2013 in jamacia. I'm trying to loose 30 lbs and keep it off!!!! My wedding date is June 2013!

Has Anyone been Gown Shopping yet?
  • Catwigs
    Catwigs Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello All!

I am a bride to be too! Getting married in August 2013 in Boston, MA. Looking to lose around 35 lbs. Probably going to start trying on dresses this summer, so hopefully will have lost a bit by then (:

Congrats to all the brides!

-Cat
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    HI Maggie. I'm Jen. I'm ALSO getting married in October this year.
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello there Maggie. I am getting married in 59 days... EEEEK!!!! :noway: Congras BTW! :happy:
  • melisssaarielle
    melisssaarielle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Eloping July 21, 2012! Decided on it just over a week ago. We're not telling anyone other than the two witnesses we have picked and two other friends. It's going to be a complete shock to everyone! Sooo exicted! Already found a dress, shoes, rings, wedding commissioner, location and horse drawn carriage!
  • jike1017
    jike1017 Posts: 21
    Options
    Congrats Maggie....I am getting married July 2013...so just over a year but i want to lose roughly around 50lbs before we tie the knot!!!!!!!!!!!! we all need to stick together and push each other
  • cindyptacek
    cindyptacek Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm getting married in October as well, and I'm also looking to tone up my arms. What I have been doing are repetitive exercises with free weights (mine are 3lbs each). I do a variety of exercises with them like the ones outlined here: http://www.hearthealthyonline.com/fitness/workouts/basic-free-weight-workout_ss1.html. I try to do 3 sets of 20 reps each on each exercise, two to three times a week.
  • 88perfect
    88perfect Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the brides to be! and congratulations to all of you.
    Im also a bride to be, me and my fiance are talking about spring or 2013, so i still have around a year to get to where i want to be.
    good luck to all of you.