What do you do when you're losing steam?

Options
So I was doing pretty good until our engine died on our van last Tuesday. That left us without a vehicle and dependent on others to get around. Horrible is all I can say. We got our new car on Monday and all is well there, but after a week off from the gym and semi off eating, I just can't find my motivation.

I can't afford to fall off the wagon, with 150lbs to lose my life literally depends on it. I just don't know how to pull myself out of this funk.

I had bought 30 day shred and New Rules of Lifting for Women just a day before the van died and was so excited I couldn't wait to get started, but now I haven't picked up the book in almost 2 weeks nor have i opened up the package around 30 day shred.

I know no one else can find my motivation, i'm just at a loss....

Replies

• JustJanis
    JustJanis Posts: 20
    Options
    I have been right there for the last few weeks too. And Im still not 100% beast yet either but I decided to ease back into it bcuz just jumping back in full force was making it harder to really remotvate. The food is killing me the most. Id say just set yourself a date, and make a decision, tell yourself this is it and Im not gonna quit, and get back on nice and easy. Remember the story of the tortise and the hair? Very applicable here. You can do tis chica I know you can! You were on top of he world there for a while! I totally feel your pain! Doesnt it drive you nuts knowing your drive got whacked in half after unfortuante events you had no control over? All I can say is this IS something we have control over, and I know we can both do it cuz we did b4!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    When I'm losing steam I force myself to do at least 10 minutes. No matter what. If I feel bad after 10 minutes I can stop. Usually I feel better once I got started. Even if I don't physically feel better, I at least feel emotionally better.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Push. Force yourself. Remove the words 'no' and i can't' from your vocabulary, and from your list of options. Your brain gave up but i assure you your body has not. I make myself, come hell or high water, do 50 squats, 50 tricep extensions and 50 crunches every.single.day. No is not an option. If you want it you have to push for it.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Keep logging your food and do some exercise. It doesn't have to be long or hard, but just do something. Even a 15 min walk is better than doing nothing. I have periods where I just can't be bothered trying to be healthy but I know that I will come out the other side very soon!
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've continued to log through my slump, but have been over and made less than the best choices. Lots of sodium and a few fatty/sugary snacks.

I have gotten in exercise, not my usually organized gym workout, but did have a fun 2.5 hour walk through a nature reserve with my family and have been doing yard work and going to the park with my daughter. Probably the only thing that has helped me to not gain ( haven't lost tho ofc).

I'm feeling a bit better today after getting outside with my daughter and jogging as she ran down the sidewalk to the park. I hadn't run outside yet in my new shoes and it felt kinda great. Hoping i'm on the other side of my slump!

Thanks for all the advice!