Manscaping, opinion ladies

Options
Firefighter_Jay
Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
Just curious, I know myself I usually get rid of all upper body hair, (not including under my arms) and about 75-80% of my genitals because I don't want it covering up a tattoo.

Anyway, my wife laughs at me for it, so I'm just wondering what are your thoughts?

Replies

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are we do what floats our spouses boat. And if manscaping isn't important to her, then I say keep doing what you're doing. Now if she were turned off by it (some women like hairy men) I'd have a different answer.

For other guys (not OP) I'd say at the very least... a little grooming goes a loooooong way ;-)
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Options

For other guys (not OP) I'd say at the very least... a little grooming goes a loooooong way ;-)

Lol, that's what I think! Besides, the extra optical inch or two doesn't hurt either lol
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Just curious, I know myself I usually get rid of all upper body hair, (not including under my arms) and about 75-80% of my genitals because I don't want it covering up a tattoo.

Anyway, my wife laughs at me for it, so I'm just wondering what are your thoughts?
    Ummmm....you have a tat on your genitals??
    :noway: :huh:
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Options
    Lol, not "on" but above,
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options

Hard to reply when I'm still mentally picturing the fabulousness. (no wierdness, just fabness)
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'd rather a guy shave/trim his pits than his chest. Those are the ones that get gross and look like theyre gonna grab ya.
    Nether regions its nice if its clean and tidy.
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Manscaping Is a (((((must))))) my ex-husband was not a hairy man..i never liked hairy men ...till i meet my current husband,wow he's a hairy man ...he already had me hooked before he took off his shirt lol! He do manscape for me though!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i am in favor of manscaping!! my husband doesn't have any chest/back hair... but he does keep his underarms & other areas trimmed low & well kept :-D
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    My husband "manscapes" and I love it! Funny story.....we walked into the gym one night a couple weeks ago, and the personal trainer that works there who occasionally works the front counter was trimming his arms and legs. When my husband said "what's up man" he goes " oh you know, just shaving at work like all men do....." We all got a chuckle out of it!
    I personally don't care for hairy men. A little trail from the belly button to the.....lower region....and I am good. The rest should be very trim. And NO back hair........
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Hard to reply when I'm still mentally picturing the fabulousness. (no wierdness, just fabness)

Amen!

I'm a fan of manscaping, for sure. Besides, if he wants things neat and tidy on me - then he should reciprocate, right?
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I like it! I mean, I'm not picky, but honestly, it helps with... other things, too.
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't know how "hairy" you are, but I personally prefer a man being natural. However, some men are super hairy, and I think if my mate were that way I would approve of the occasional shave or trim.
  • KansasRain
    Options
    i like my husbands chest hair personally, however he tends to get a small patch (5-7 hairs) between his eyes which is NOT noticeable to anyone else but it drive me NUTS! i think each woman has different feelings about these things. heck even when i was 16 i didn't like hairy guys but as i got older i realized i LOVED hairy men, it made me view them as men and not boys.

My husband likes his facial hair but i don't, i don't mind the beard but i HATE mustaches so he shaves that part and leaves the rest, we found a middle ground that we both liked.

I think shaving to keep your tat visible is understandable, you didn't waste time and money just to let it go unseen. maybe for the chest hair you could just ask your wife what she likes better and work something out that makes you both happy.
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    hmmm I wonder what your tattoo says lol

I think manscaping down there is a must. u dont have to shave everythinggg off but trim and neat is fine too. Although i guess hairless looks better to me. I dont mind a little hair on the chest and arms though. Obviously legs doesnt matter either. Its a manly thing.
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Manscaping is much appreciated for certain activities mmhmm.
  • Xabsentimentalx
    Xabsentimentalx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'd rather a guy shave/trim his pits than his chest. Those are the ones that get gross and look like theyre gonna grab ya.
    Nether regions its nice if its clean and tidy.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Options
    hmmm I wonder what your tattoo says lol.

xl_patch_poison.jpg

That's pretty much it, minus the artists autograph
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Manscape forsure!!! Just told my husband last night the lawn needed mowed again... ;-)
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    my current husband,wow he's a hairy man ...he already had me hooked before he took off his shirt lol! He do manscape for me though!

awww, that's awesome!
  • raechellg
    raechellg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Manscape forsure!!! Just told my husband last night the lawn needed mowed again... ;-)

that's awesome!! i love that.. i'll have to remember that one! lol =)