Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

30 day shred-Weight Gain????

Hello,

I just started the 30 day shred Tuesday. Today was my 3rd day. When I weighed myself this morning I gained almost 3lbs in 1 week. I have been really working my butt off for a little over 3 weeks and I had only lost a total of 2lbs. I realize gaining muscle will make you put on the weight (good weight) but it's also slightly discouraging. Has this happened to anyone else and what were your results?

Replies

• Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Your muscles are probably retaining water. As your body adapts, this will decrease. Also, I try to wait until after my "rest day" to weight myself. Best of luck! =)
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Anytime you start a new exercise, your muscles will retain water to repair themselves. Don't worry, it will go away once you get used to the exercises. :) It's nearly impossible to build muscle while eating at a caloric deficit (unfortunately).
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Hi,

I experiencied the same!!!!
    In my case the sored part was/is the pectorals, and girl....you can't imagine....i dress my bra and when i needed to buttoning my shirt (I work in a suit)...my good...what happen to my boobs? Did they grew up since yesterday? :explode: after all it was only water retention... :smooched:

However in the end of the day they use to go back to their usual size lol

I have not weighed myself since day one, Saturday I'll weigh and measure me and I'll share in My Journal topic i created to keep track of 30 Day Shred.

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
  • I started Monday and weighed myself this morning and I've gained about half a pound (today makes day 5 of 30 DS). I hope this goes away because you're right- it's definitely discouraging!