Anyone want to start the 30 Day Shred - TODAY!!????!!!

Options

Replies

• micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    This thread has motivated me to start this today! I've had it months and put it off and off for no good reason.

Don't think I'll manage it everyday, as I want to keep up some of my other workouts too.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Today is day 3 for me! And I love it...I can tell that yesterday was already easier than the first. Now level 2 will be a different story. Lol
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I need some help. I have heard so much about this 30 day shred.. and I really want to do it. But... I have also heard someone on another post has said that she has stopped losing weight when she started it, your muscles retaining water to reboot themselves and all that., you still lose inches but not as quick..... I dont want to stop loosing weight, but I do want to build some muscle so that when I get down to my goal size I can wear a bikini without a small little pooch on my tummy...

Support.. words of wisdom, anything ladies?

Otherwise I will totally join you!! Btw are you suppose to take rest days in between the 30 day shred?
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I need some help. I have heard so much about this 30 day shred.. and I really want to do it. But... I have also heard someone on another post has said that she has stopped losing weight when she started it, your muscles retaining water to reboot themselves and all that., you still lose inches but not as quick..... I dont want to stop loosing weight, but I do want to build some muscle so that when I get down to my goal size I can wear a bikini without a small little pooch on my tummy...

Support.. words of wisdom, anything ladies?

Otherwise I will totally join you!! Btw are you suppose to take rest days in between the 30 day shred?

IDK about this time around, cause I'm eating waaay more than the 1st time I did 30DS, but the 1st time, I started losing more. yes, everyone is going to be different. but I think I was mainly doing cardio before and adding in the weights really boosted my metabolism and helped me lose more.
    if you are going to do it, take measurements and do not let the scare guide you. muscles do retain water when they are healing, so the scale may go up a little in the beginning. I freaked out a little but my body hurt so good that I knew I was doing something good you know?
    I'm on day 3 and my obliques hurt like heck!
  • jnorman0587
    jnorman0587 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the 30 Day shred? .. It sounds very intriguing
  • ValHallaGirl
    ValHallaGirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm on day two,level 1
    I did this a few months back and stopped when i got sick i was on level 2 day 5 maybe?
    You can count me in..if you choose.
  • Apramov
    Apramov Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been meaning to start and have the disk, but have just been putting it off. I too will be taking this post as a sign that I need to get my butt moving.
  • ValHallaGirl
    ValHallaGirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've got an silly question; can ya use the this even if your not at your goal weight? i'm about 50lbs overweight still =/.
    I''m like 80ish lbs away form my goal and am doing it just fine! I'm using 5lb weights.. it hurts like heck but i know it's gonna be awesome later! I did this a while back ago but i got sick and couldn't work out but i got to day 5 level two.. i like level two. lol
  • leahneedstobethin
    Options
    What is this?:smile:
  • Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've done it three times in the last week and a half. I did it tonight though.
  • Faunadhill21
    Options
    Im in!! on day 3 tonight!! Day one was def brutal, but day two was a tad bit easier. GL to all starting! Add me if you would like! looking for motivational buddies!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - I ran out of steam!!!! LOL!!! I did it before work - NO BUENO!! LOL!!! I was SO exhausted, and SO SORE!!! Not my best effort - tomorrow is going to be MUCH BETTER (and I have to go in super early, so I will get in an evening workout!) LOL!!! Praise God that it's only 20 minutes!!! LOL!!! I almost did it again after work tonight, but decided to rest - felt so good after a long day!

How is everyone doing so far??? We can do this!!!!!! (I kept saying that to myself over and over...and over and over...and over and over again this morning!!!! :laugh:
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I've also started but I am not doing it everyday. I'm doing it every other day. I'm just trying to spice up my workouts. ;-) Feel to add me!
  • Jezzabelly
    Options
    I want in! Today will be day 3 level 1 for me
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 4 :)
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to start in April? I'm running a 10k on 3/31 but ordered the DVD to start the race.
  • echowilde
    Options
    I'm up for starting in April. Will have to hide from siblings so mocking doesn't occur when l try it though!
  • evaleung87
    Options
    hi guys, sorry if this is a stupid question.. but i started the 30 day shred last night and i measured myself in the morning. what i wanted to know is, when i measure, for example, my hips, do i pull the tape to as far as it can go (33inches) or to the point where my flesh doesn't bulge over (35inches)? i want to be accurate in my measurements but wasn't sure which one to refer to once the 30 days are up. any help would be great, thank you :)
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I started this morning at 6:00 am after walking the dog. It was brutal and I really feel it in my thighs. I only made it through 13 minutes or so. I'm starting Zumba tomorrow morning and typically do 4 days a week in the gym, walk the dog and work 5 days a week so I'm going to have to work up a work out schedule. I'm thinking of doing 30 Day Shred on 3 days a week.
  • scullyuk06
    Options
    I am starting it tonight!!!! - Anyone can add me!!!

I have heard you can't move after day 3 or 4!!!

:ohwell: