So Much To Lose...

Options

Replies

• niqi85
    niqi85 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi niqi85,
    How did u lose the14 pounds?? Just curious... I am gonna start my workout from april1st..can you tell me wht all exercises u do?? TIA!!

Hi! I'd love to share that information with you. I lost it by counting calories and working out for about 1 hour to 3 hours per day for 5 - 6 days per week. I eat between 1200 to 1400 calories per day. I must admit that sometimes my calories were under 1200 (but I wouldn't reccommend this because we should at least consume 1200 per day). Other than that, I had fun and kept a positive attitude. Hope this helps! I'll add you.
  • niqi85
    Options
    Anyone that reads this, feel free add me. I starting p90x on Monday (for the second time). The first time I started I lost about 30 lbs in 1 - 2 months and it was great, but I didn't stick with it. :( This time I will complete the 90 days.

xoxox

Hi, welcome to the site. I have to lose 22kgs (that's about 45 pounds)....
    Can you tell me what is P90X?
    Add me if you like :)

Hi, You can find more information about p90x at this link: http://www.90dayworkoutplan.com/about/what-is-p90x/

Let me tell you that it does work very well and it is an amazing workout! Hope this helps! I'll add you!
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Wow! Great start, and you are def on the move! Keep up the great work!
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi & WELCOME...

I love the fact that you starting with small goal...I have to lose like 40lbs which seems in the distance right now but Im MOTIVATED....Feel free to add me anyone... Its time to get FIT, FINE & HEALTHY.....
  • KimVanHorn
    Options
    I also had alot to lose when I started. It was easy to get discouraged. Setting smaller goals was the right way to go. I am almost to my goal and I started at 230 pounds! Feel free to add me. You can do it!
  • cannikita
    cannikita Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss and Happy Belated Birthday!
  • alwallis
    alwallis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. Also looking for inspiration. Please add me as a friend!
  • cont23
    cont23 Posts: 2
    Options
    :smile: Congratulation keep up the good work.

Carlos
  • kati37
    kati37 Posts: 61
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday!! You will love this site, lots of friendly people and great tips and ideas!!! Good luck to you!! Feel free to add me if you would like!!
  • scampbell19
    Options
    Hey Gurl!!!

Congrtas on the weight loss thus far! I too have lost 14 pounds so far and i feel great! I know that you must feel proud of yourself. I also feel as though my weight isn't shedding fast enough but I guess if I stick with it...I will be fine. Welcome to the sight and please keep in touch so that we can be accountability buddies!

16 pounds to go until i reach my goal!

Shalanda
  • hdwburke
    hdwburke Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 44 years old and from Canada even though I'm living in Texas for a little while. I lost 80 lbs 3 years ago when I moved down here, but then went back to old habits and gained 40-some back. Decided to try again but then found out I have a neurological disorder that is causing extreme pain in my right leg. I used to coach 1/2 marathon power walkers....now I can't walk a mile :(
    Phyllis....I am now doing aquatherapy 3 times a week and combined with this website have lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks. Maybe that's something you can try. Mine is by prescription but I am sure you can join a class or maybe get your doctor to agree? Everything done in the water is better because of the resistance....twice the workout basically. Good luck to everyone.....it's so hard isn't it??
  • mariodispenza
    mariodispenza Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You've decided to change your life. Don't think of this as a journey with a final destination. Each day you become heathier and healthier so there is victory in every day. We are not unlike alcohoics in that the key to success is one day at a time. You can't transform yourself in one big move, it has to be a gradual process so that the habits you develop become your life if you want long-term (life-long) success and leave the bad habits behind.

Continue to be successful.
  • brookenotme
    Options
    I will definitely add you as a friend, I know you are going to reach your goals in no time....
  • mariodispenza
    Options
    Oh, and what workout program you choose isn't as important as enjoying it. I'm a competitive weightlifiter at age 50 and I do very little cardio because it works against my performance. But, I have less than 12% body fat because of my diet. We compete in weight classes so, I have to watch it. But, I love it and can't wait to get to the gym to train and I became certified as an Olympic weightlfitnig coach because I love it so much.

Find something you love, keep a clean diet at a certain calorie level and your body can't help but respond.
  • hauntgoddess
    hauntgoddess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Add me! :) I'm on here a lot, and have lost 23 lbs since January 6th....I have 43 more lbs to go, but I am very motivated and sticking to it this time.
  • mjszot
    mjszot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the decision to get serious. You will find this journey to be exhilarating, frustrating, and in the end, time and effort well spent. Though I am much older than you, I understand what you are undertaking as do many of the posters to this site. Just stick with it. Set reachable goals over a reasonably long period and you'll see yourself transforming into the person you want to become. It is very important to chop up your ultimate goal into easily reachable minor goals to keep up your motivation. And be sure to monitor what you want to achieve and how you are doing against those goals. This way you can hold yourself accountable for the results.

Last piece of advise, don't let others de-motivate you. Usually, it's the people closest to you that will do it either with or without malice. If you ask for help from your family and friends, you will determine very quickly who's on your side. Just remember, it's your decision to get healthy. Stick to your decision.
  • cheesenbrats
    Options
    Wish you all the best on your journey. I have found this site to be great support for me as I try to lose weight and get into shape. Just stick with it and you will have amazing results.!! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • mariodispenza
    Options
    Congratulations on making the decision to get serious. You will find this journey to be exhilarating, frustrating, and in the end, time and effort well spent. Though I am much older than you, I understand what you are undertaking as do many of the posters to this site. Just stick with it. Set reachable goals over a reasonably long period and you'll see yourself transforming into the person you want to become. It is very important to chop up your ultimate goal into easily reachable minor goals to keep up your motivation. And be sure to monitor what you want to achieve and how you are doing against those goals. This way you can hold yourself accountable for the results.

Last piece of advise, don't let others de-motivate you. Usually, it's the people closest to you that will do it either with or without malice. If you ask for help from your family and friends, you will determine very quickly who's on your side. Just remember, it's your decision to get healthy. Stick to your decision.

Exactly right.
  • niqi85
    Options
    Wow! Great start, and you are def on the move! Keep up the great work!

Thanks!
  • niqi85
    Options

Thanks so much! I've definitely had a lot of negativity from my family. I only shared with them my weight loss thus far to help motivate them, but instead they made comments like, "You didn't lose any weight" or "I can't see a difference." Fortunately for me I have an amazing best friend who encourages me to strive for success everyday. He believes in me and that matters a lot, but most of all I believe in myself. I know I'm a hard worker and I've always been able to accomplish whatever I set my mind to. This time around I decided to stay positive and to enjoy my workouts. I actually look forward to them! Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. You're awesome. :)