I hate water

Options
13»

Replies

• Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    How can someone hate water? It doesn't taste like anything.

Its like saying I have breathing.

Meh, it's not EXACTLY the same... But I totally get what you're saying.

I dunno why I dislike it so much.
    I could guess?
    I wasn't raised having to drink water. It wasn't a staple in my household growing up.
    I have an ad version to public bathrooms... Not some looney OCD thing... I just don't like 'em. Drinking a lot of water forces me to use them more than I like.
    Also I hate getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.
    Perhaps all that plays in he back of my mind.

Or I'm just a nutlog
    But it's nice reading the posts knowing I'm not the only nutlog out there that hates drinking water.
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've always had a hard time drinking out of a water bottle. It gets hot and the bottle is see thru and you see how much you need to drink and that's torture! Maybe you can try and get different drinking cups that are cheerful and less boring. I use the tin drink canister things. I bought about 7 of them and have them all filled up in the fridge. I like the ones with the spout. You would be surprised how certain ones and certain colors or designs become your favorite ones and the water seems to go down faster. Also, the crystal light grape is really good. Just make sure you don't use too much water or it tastes yucky to me. Those are good for after and during workouts cause they have a little sumpin sumpin in em.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Personally I find that it helps to drink hot water instead of room temperature water. You can boil water then add in a bit of cold. It works really well for me. :-)
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    One of the ways I really like water is with mint extract. I know it sounds odd, but it's worth a try. It's different than the lemon most people recommend and it makes it somehow more refreshing.
  • VeggieFace
    Options
    Did you try sparkling water? Sometimes having that really cold with a squeeze of lemon tastes good!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    just drink it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I've heard lemon or cucumber really helps. I've never tried it...I prefer plain water.
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I used to dislike it, but I got used to it. If you're not into waiting for that transition, or if you think it will never come, I suggest a filtered pitcher for home and/or a water bottle with a filter in it. Drink it cold as well.

Or add scotch. :smile:
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate drinking water.

Good, more for me! :laugh:
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I feel like I know the importance... And I know how good it is for me... I know people who love it... So I should be able to just quit being a baby and start to.... Like it? Ick. *laughs*

I used to be the same way...absolutely hated water and only drank soda! I gave up soda and started drinking only water. I now LOVE water and cannot drink soda anymore. Stick with it, it may get better!
  • LauraKije
    Options
    Despite old wives' tales to the contrary, the caffeine in tea doesn’t cause dehydration. A recent study revealed, using blood and urine tests, that four cups of tea a day was just as hydrating as a similar amount of water.
    From - http://www.saga.co.uk/health/healthy-eating/tea-and-coffee-drink-to-your-health.aspx
    Dr Ruxton is a former president of the Nutrition Society.
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    I drink 2 liters of normal water, and 2 liters with flavored BCAA's =]
    i hate water as well
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    no, i like water :) i get at least 10-16 cups a day. but someone said that you get all the needed water from the foods you consume, idk how accurate that is though. anyone hear about this?
    No. You get some water from the foods you consume (more than most people realize) but definitely not ALL. Nowhere near.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I add flavors sometimes, but mostly if I'm having an off day with water (usually I like it) I just have herbal tea instead. There are some real good ones that are great either hot or cold.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    if i could drink all the water i'm supposed to, instead of MAYBE one to two glasses a day that i have to force down, the weight would be falling off and my skin would be amazing.
    Why do you think that? That's the line everyone uses when talking about water, "the weight just falls off". It's like this idea is coming from a single source. Come on, if all it takes is drinking a lot of water we'd all be skinny.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate drinking water. Im a nurse I know the importance of drinking it. I have been drinking it. But I find myself having to muscle it down.

Anyone else hate drinking water?

-a

my husband! but we found out that nestle NESTEA unsweetened (green lid) is calorie free. he drinks that instead
  • Vicky_allum
    Options
    Herbal teas are good if you like the taste of them. Try out a few, theres so many flavours you can get now. If it's warm weather you could make a jugful of it and put it in the fridge. Nice and refreshing and the same as drinking water :)
  • barbarak33
    Options
    I have a hard time swallowing plain water. I make it tolerable by drinking it with a straw and low-cal drink mixers.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I think Water does actually have a taste, depending where you are and how many chemicals are added etc. Either that or it's the lack of taste period that isn't pleasing. Either or, I'd ratther drink something that has a good taste to it. Just my two cents.
    It gets a taste from the minerals in the water source. It's not really the water you're tasting but the minerals dissolved in it. Water from different places tastes very different... People seem to think it all tastes the same but I can tell a huge difference.