Those 5'4" and 135ish what are your calorie goals set to

Options
I seemed to have hit a plateau. So I adjusted my calories so I am set to just lose 1/2 lb a week instead of more. There is not that big of a switch from 1200, just 160 cals more, but psychologically it is really hard for me to eat more than 1200 plus my exercise cals.

What do you 5'4" gals have your calorie settings set to? Are you still loosing weight at that setting? TIA

Replies

• AJLovinLife
    AJLovinLife Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Anyone? Or did I put this in the wrong board?
  • Kylieikerd
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and started at 137 pounds. I've so far lost 9 pounds (been here just under 2 months) and have had my calories set to 1,200 the entire time. Considering bumping them up because I've been working out alot and know I need to eat a lot of those calories back! I'm steadily losing around 0.8-1.4 pounds every week! Just make sure you never eat less than 1,200 :)
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently weight 139 pounds - my goals when I started at 150 was to get to 135 pounds. I'm 49 and I don't think I would look very good under 135 pounds - gotta have some meat on my bones to smooth out those wrinkles....LOL!
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I weigh 140 and when I started MFP I was at 1200 calories per day. I have recently upped it to 1400 and found I am getting better results! :)

Hope this helps!
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started around 145 pounds in August. I originally was at 1200 but I couldn't handle it so I changed my settings to .5 lb a week and 1450 calories. Now I'm down to 131 and 1400 calories. I've been at a plateau since early Feb, so I'm thinking I need to do something to try and lose the last few pounds, just not sure what the best option is because I was not a happy camper at 1200.
  • AJLovinLife
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for responding. :)

For those that have upped it to 1400ish are you still eating your exercise cals back?
  • josephine_x
    josephine_x Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1800-2000 a day, my TDEE is about 2500. I'm 5'3 and 145lbs, trying to get down to 130lbs and losing about 1lb per week.
  • AJLovinLife
    Options
    I'm eating 1800-2000 a day, my TDEE is about 2500. I'm 5'3 and 145lbs, trying to get down to 130lbs and losing about 1lb per week.

Awesome! Shoot, I would not even know what to eat to get to that a day!
  • josephine_x
    Options
    Feel free to nose around my diary!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 136. My daily goal is set to 1,800 and I try to eat back at least half of my exercise calories. I am still losing an an average of .5 pound a week.
  • mabennett
    mabennett Posts: 53
    Options
    how do you find people's food diaries? so interested in upping cals. NEVER MIND!! FOUND IT:)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm @ 5'4 with a goal in mind of 120... so far I'm around 128-129 which has been steady but its hard because sometimes your body can get stuck in a cycle. I try to change it up by eating more calories one day and then try a variety of foods. Sometimes changing up your metabolism can help. Plus the amount of water and exercise too :drinker:

My calorie goals are set to 1200+exercise cals
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and recently increased my calories to 1700 after losing and gaining the same few pounds for months. After a few weeks at the higher calorie goal, Im finally losing again.

Plus.....I'm not as hungry!! :)
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", currently 133lbs. I upped mine a bit (only to 1310) and it's really helped me stay on track.
    If you're struggling to eat enough, try switching anything you'd normally eat the 'diet' version of for the normal version. If I have extra calories to eat and can't think what to do with them, I tend to switch to using real oil in my stir fry (instead of the 1cal spray stuff) and eating full fat dairy instead of light.
    You could also try having handfuls of nuts, as they provide good fats and high calories without too much bulk.
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4 and started this journey at about 170 lbs. I'm now at 144, with my goal being 135. I plateaued at about 146-148 and hovered there for almost 2 months. I was eating about 1200 cal up until my plateau, and that worked great for those first 25 pounds. Then I guess my body started freaking out and yelling 'what are you doing!' lol. I could not lose any more weight.

So in the last 3 weeks I've upped my calories to about 1500 and have lost 2 pounds :) Upping the calories worked for me, even though my exercise has been reduced the last 2 weeks (dance class is on spring break). I guess the body adjusts and needs a little jump start again. It's worked for me! Plus I feel better being able to eat more!

Good luck!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    At 5'4", 135 is my goal weight! I try to net ~1300 calories a day.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and recently increased my calories to 1700 after losing and gaining the same few pounds for months. After a few weeks at the higher calorie goal, Im finally losing again.

Plus.....I'm not as hungry!! :)

Question though, is 1700 net or total?
  • izzyissy
    izzyissy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me too. I am only 4'7 and am 149ish, give or take a little. It's so hard to lose weight being this short. I am trying to do 1160 caloreis and working out and earning 500 calories and eat some of them back. But I don't know if this is right.I know everyone says do not eat below 1200 calories, but I don't think I'll lose if I do...

I'm going back and forth between this and weight watchers. Any help from other short people will be helpful.
  • josephine_x
    Options
    Can someone help me too. I am only 4'7 and am 149ish, give or take a little. It's so hard to lose weight being this short. I am trying to do 1160 caloreis and working out and earning 500 calories and eat some of them back. But I don't know if this is right.I know everyone says do not eat below 1200 calories, but I don't think I'll lose if I do...

I'm going back and forth between this and weight watchers. Any help from other short people will be helpful.
    I'll have a look at your numbers for you if you like, how old are you and how many days per week do you work out and how long for? Also are you sedentary or active?
  • izzyissy
    izzyissy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Josephine,

I'm 53 years old. I try to work out 3 - 4 days a week. I do 30 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Burning about 350-400 calories when I do that. I have a desk job. If I don't work out, I am mostly sedentary. Thanks