Muffin Top

Options
2»

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Eat it! Yes, im joking but your post made me think of a 'muffin top' pan that I have. lol
    I had that too and after losing 18lbs, I no longer have it (well ok it's there just a LOT smaller) and I wear jeans 2 sizes smaller. If I go 3 sizes smaller, the muffin top reappears! All you can do is keep exercising and lose more weight, tone with exercise and wear clothes that fit, not squish you.
    Good luck to you and keep up the hard work. YOU can do this!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I got rid of them doing side crunches with weights
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate side planks...not going to lie but they kick *kitten* if you are trying to lose a muffin top. They really help burn and tone that area.
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I call mine a dunlap, as in my stomach done lapped over my pants. CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO and eating clean. When ever i eat too much carbs my tummy blows up. Trying to find s happy place with Carbs...Good Luck

Flippin hilarious!!! "dunlap" I'm gonna call mine that! lol:laugh:
  • tonihayden
    Options
    Ahhhh the muffin top.........................my worst enemy!!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Saw a program on TV about anorexics and obese people, EVEN the super-skinny gals had muffin tops when they put on too-tight jeans! The anorexics interpreted this to mean they were too fat. The commentator pointed out that they were just wearing the wrong size jeans. (Of course, maybe the girls were "skinny fat" and needed to do some cardio, too!)

I'm 105lbs and I still have a kinda squishy belly. Its all below my belly button too....and cuz I'm trying to gain weight its kinda hard to do the right thing and eat well and not worry about waking up with a set of frontal buttocks. :grumble:
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Saw a program on TV about anorexics and obese people, EVEN the super-skinny gals had muffin tops when they put on too-tight jeans! The anorexics interpreted this to mean they were too fat. The commentator pointed out that they were just wearing the wrong size jeans. (Of course, maybe the girls were "skinny fat" and needed to do some cardio, too!)

Thank you! One of my biggest pet peeves is when people wear the wrong sized clothes and then think that they "look fat." Obviously you're going to look big if you dress in a sausage casing!! All ladies (except for maybe hardcore body builders) have some flesh around the middle, no matter how thin they are. It protects your organs, lol.
  • TrailRunner61
    Options
    I'm not much of a strength trainer and I know I should, but all I've been doing is running and I'm telling you it is all coming off the middle and some from the face and arms. I am happy to say it is working...
    Me too, due to health reasons, but I'm walking and it's working also! I wish I could run and congrats to you for doing it. :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    If you are awake make sure your core is tight (flex your muscles).
    planks (all kinds of them). Pushups seem to be helping my tummy and arms lately.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The top is the best part of the muffin...

haha, but seriously, I have no idea. No one will really notice if you wear the right size pants though.
  • TrailRunner61
    Options

Thank you! One of my biggest pet peeves is when people wear the wrong sized clothes and then think that they "look fat." Obviously you're going to look big if you dress in a sausage casing!! All ladies (except for maybe hardcore body builders) have some flesh around the middle, no matter how thin they are. It protects your organs, lol.
    My problem was that I had to buy jeans that fit me around my big, fat stomach. If I got them any bigger, they wouldnt stay up and since I looked like a robin with skinny legs, the pant legs were huge and baggy. Even if they fit my stomach, when I'd sit down, the fat would squish over the top. Every person's body is different. I wanted to have them altered but I kept telling myself I'd lose the weight and it never happened. Until now. Thank goodness for MFP and weight loss, mine is going awayyyy! I can now buy smaller jeans that fit me, don't fall down, squish me and make a muffin top if I sit. My legs also look a lot smaller now that the pants aren't super baggy.
  • KnotNow9295
    Options
    You're right! Running is an all-over workout. Even that yucky 'back fat' starts shrinking. I'm just not very good at it yet!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I've found that the best cure is buying pants that fit.
  • Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options
    A good diet and regular exercise....sadly thats what it takes lol
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Screw cardio and find a Zombie to eat it.

Seriously though...bust *kitten* in the gym.

LOL!
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    I call mine a dunlap, as in my stomach done lapped over my pants. CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO and eating clean. When ever i eat too much carbs my tummy blows up. Trying to find s happy place with Carbs...Good Luck

LOL I like that!

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    It only goes away as you lose and tighten up. Until then, bigger pants :tongue:

LOL. I thought this after I had my second kid, but was too cheap to buy new pants.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!