ZUMBA 2 FOR WII, WANNA KNOW WHAT U THINK?

Options

Replies

• Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    im uncordinated but who cares, im going for it
  • davessweets
    Options
    I absolutly LOVE Zumba 2 for the wii. I had the first zumba for the xbox and didnt care for it . I like with zumba 2 it tell you your calories burnt by what you way..and there are so many different classes. I also love u can do the custom playlist and pick your favorite songs ..mine i burn 549 cal in 50 minutes. I love having the belt for the sensor!
  • davessweets
    Options
    I have lost almost 20 pounds since halloween and it has mostly been on wii games. Active 2 and Zumba2
  • davessweets
    Options
    I do the Zumba for the X-box Kinect and it is very challenging. The thing I love about the virtual games is it tracks your calories for you. Thats a plus!! I want to hear from someone who has actually lost weight from mainly doing the exercises on the games.

I have lost almost 20 pounds since halloween and 6 inches doing Active 2 and Zumba 2 on the Wii. Love it and will keep it up!
  • prose58
    prose58 Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks for posting this.

I am definitely buying a Wii and the Zumba 2.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I do the Zumba for the X-box Kinect and it is very challenging. The thing I love about the virtual games is it tracks your calories for you. Thats a plus!! I want to hear from someone who has actually lost weight from mainly doing the exercises on the games.

Most of my Zumba is from the xbox, and I'm down 20 lbs! I try to do atleast 30 min 5x a week, right now I'm doing a challenge so it's 7x. But you get the idea. I usually do more if I can, but sometimes it's hard. If you're giving it your all it's totally possible. As a side note, if you guys have youtube and can connect your devices to your accounts, I have been piecing together Zumba routines from posted videos so that I can occasionally have something a little different.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    im uncordinated but who cares, im going for it

Yes, go for it. It get easier as you perform the songs. It takes a few times, but eventually you get the gist of the choreography. I still mess up and I've occasionally hit myself when doing arm movements. I'm just that good!
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love it!!!! definitely 5stars from me!
  • teachfl2
    teachfl2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just started last Sunday and absolutely LOVING it and already seeing results! I feel more toned and clothes are fitting better! I am so excited to stick with it and not give up. I sweat so much while working out but it feels so good!
  • wendywwhite
    wendywwhite Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just looked at my cardio minutes report on here - there is a very clear spike up and a consistent new high since I got my Zumba 2. I'm addicted!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba 2. Felt like a clutz, but got 5 stars, even though I missed most steps... Weird, gonna try it again tomorrow (I got it as a cardio alternative to running). Also, my HRM measured 88 calories, the game was over 200...
    Ah well, will definitely have to experiment a little....
  • shannon4health
    Options
    I loved this game!!! It was so much fun...bummed that I couldn't keep it and I had to pitch it due to the music. I have been doing Refit Rev on you tube and LOVE IT too:) Wahoo..great workouts!
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone,i tried it and absolutely love it! im still uncordinated but i keep trying!
  • cookiet83
    cookiet83 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks everyone,i tried it and absolutely love it! im still uncordinated but i keep trying!

it does get easier i done zumba this morning and was actually suprised at how quick im learning the steps!
    One thing tho, if you have lil kids def do not do zumba around them lol.

Have fun x
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I do this with my sister in law every week and it definitely makes you sweat! I really like it. :)
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot better now that a nice helpful person on MFP told me you had to put the controller facing up with the string down, lol :)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I debated on getting Zumba a while back & wasn't sure about it...I got Just Dance 3 instead thinking it was kinda the same thing & I have only used it a couple of times...The Zumba 2 sounds great though...I may go & get it today....Is it anything like Just Dance though b/c I hate that for some reason...lol

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it! I can't wait to get it!!!
  • teachfl2
    teachfl2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't have Just Dance 3, but I have 1 and 2 and I have to say, in my opinion the Zumba 2 game is way different from the Just Dance. I like the Just Dance games but I do not sweat. It takes too much time to go from one song to the other and I just don't feel it working for me. I have done Zumba four times this week since I bought it a week ago today and I sweat like you wouldn't believe!
  • deeda67
    deeda67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My mother got me Zumba 2 for Christmas. I wasn't able to use it because I was pregnant at the time. Long story short, I'm not pregnant now and have gotten back into working out. I have bad knees and knew I needed to take it slow in working out so I did the treadmill for a week before I started Zumba2. I absolutely love it. It will make you sweat!!!! and its FUN FUN FUN! I do this probably 3 times a week and do other things like treadmill or Jillian's 30 day on other days. Jillian kills my knees so on the next days I do Zumba again. I have to be careful doing some of the moves on carpet with my trainer shoes on, but for the most part, it actually makes my knees feel better if they are stiff. I like that I can mix it up and do different or longer routines and I compete with myself to do perfection :) I have Zumba 1 and this is definately an improvement to that. It takes a little while to learn the moves but once you learn a couple, you can kinda follow new ones a little better. Bear in mind I have no rhythm or dancing talent at all and I still enjoy it! Not to mention that I could not do a class where people would see me but in my own home, its Great! Try it out!!!!