What do u do?

Options
msradio
msradio Posts: 165 Member
What do u do when u just gotta have that slice of pizza, that big mac or watever it is that u cant stop craving?

Replies

• Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    not the best healthy advice.. but i usually will just fit it in my macros and stay sane *_*
  • cmarshel
    cmarshel Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hike on Saturdays and usually end up having 1,500 - 2,000 exercise calories to eat in addition to my normal calories as a result. So on Saturdays I eat those things I may crave and it's common for Pizza to be one of those items. Exercise calories taste GREAT! :-)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I eat it. There's no such thing as an off limits food.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,007 Member
    Options
    Make sure I don't screw up and design a diet that's unrealistic.
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    I eat it. There's no such thing as an off limits food.
    there u go!
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat it. I just make sure to watch what I eat the rest of the day/week and only do it ocassionally. Though if we are splurging on pizza, I have the added bonus of walking to get it. The place is like a bit under a mile so we just throw the squirtlings in the stroller and go. So it helps make me feel better.
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input looks like I'll be working out a lil longer than usual to get dat slice of pizza tonite!
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    Three bite rule. Because nothing tastes any better after the third bite. 1st bite yummie! Wow! I want more! 2nd bite Good. 3rd I'm done. It works great with desserts.

I eat it, track it, then work it off. After you do this a few times and add up the calories it makes you think. I'm so glad I ate that 120 calorie cookie that equaled 30 minutes on the exercise bike. So not doing that again.

The reason you can eat a big mac and fries and still be hungry is because of the low nutritional value, high saturated fat and sugar. Foods like that act like drugs because they release chemicals in our brains triggering the cravings (this is something we are not only conditioned to do but we're born that way. Why else does a baby cry when it's hungry?) Anyway when we fill our bodies with nutritional fuel we crave less due to getting what we need over what we want.

That and be like me when you leave the house only bring liscense, no money, equals I can't stop for that McChicken or Starbucks Frappicino.
  • shonuff221
    shonuff221 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had papa johns pizza twice this week..only had 1 slice at lunch and another day two slices at dinner..just made sure I exercised to offset the extra calories that I was taking in
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I eat it, enjoy it and refuse to feel guilty about it! I do my best to fit into my calorie limit and do a good workout, but I know me. If I deprive myself, it will mean a serious binge later on.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    if its one of those must have, gotta have its, I just eat it. Its not the end of the world...
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I eat it!!
  • tml224
    tml224 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input looks like I'll be working out a lil longer than usual to get dat slice of pizza tonite!

That's all you have to do! Burn enough cals to compensate. I love pizza and will NEVER give up!
  • waferzdog
    waferzdog Posts: 29
    Options
    I have it (in moderation) then I try to take a walk ! Deprivation can be the worst enemy. I always have things available for cravings:

When I really want pizza - a tortilla, with sauce, cheese, and some veggies becomes my pizza.

when I need chocolate - I keep mini candy bars in fridge - I take one out, let it come to room temp and by that time, one is enough.

find the tricks that work for these occassions.

Sometimes I just save the calories - eat lots of veggies during the day and go crazy for dinner.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I usually try to make something at home that is similar to what I'm craving. If it's a burger...I'll grill my own. That way I can make it healthy, but not feel deprived. If it's pizza I'll either make my own, or I'll find a Papa Murphy's and order a DeLite pizza and have a slice.

However, if I find that I'm having "cravings" frequently, in my case, it's usually because I'm not fueling my body properly with good foods. So, I dig deep, avoid the pitfalls of giving into every craving and I make sure I'm eating good, clean food.
  • lrstubbs
    lrstubbs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    eat it! :) I like the 3-bite rule I read above. That's pretty cool!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    When I really want pizza I eat pizza. I prefer to make a healthier version myself, which I actually prefer to most take out, but if I'm craving and lazy, I'll order take out.

If I had a craving for a Big Mac I'd seek psychiatric help.
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Three bite rule. Because nothing tastes any better after the third bite. 1st bite yummie! Wow! I want more! 2nd bite Good. 3rd I'm done. It works great with desserts.

I eat it, track it, then work it off. After you do this a few times and add up the calories it makes you think. I'm so glad I ate that 120 calorie cookie that equaled 30 minutes on the exercise bike. So not doing that again.

The reason you can eat a big mac and fries and still be hungry is because of the low nutritional value, high saturated fat and sugar. Foods like that act like drugs because they release chemicals in our brains triggering the cravings (this is something we are not only conditioned to do but we're born that way. Why else does a baby cry when it's hungry?) Anyway when we fill our bodies with nutritional fuel we crave less due to getting what we need over what we want.

That and be like me when you leave the house only bring liscense, no money, equals I can't stop for that McChicken or Starbucks Frappicino.

i like the 3 bite rule! my bf always brings home pizza and stuff for him and the kids and i want some SO BAD and every once in a while i cave.. but for now on, if i cave, it will be for only 3 bites!
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    It's not something that I do everyday, but if there is something that I REALLY crave, I eat it. We only live once!!!! I normally justify it by exercising MORE. We all have "off" days, but as long as we get right back "on," I say go for it!!!
  • lrstubbs
    lrstubbs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yes