Best brand of bacon?

Options

Replies

• andivaclavicek
    Options
    Gwaltney Center Cut 40% Less Fat. I've been eating it forever because it's delicious.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Hannaford 96% fat free turkey bacon.
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    Gwaltney - Center Cut Bacon 40% Less Fat

YUMMO!

So funny that we were saying this at the same time!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Why don't you put that question out to the pig population, pretty sure they would have some good suggestions for you.....maybe you and Paula Dean can schedule your angiograms at the same time.....two for one special!

Let me guess... vegetarian? :laugh:
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Burgers Bacon. Love the stuff, crispy and still melts in the mouth when you eat it. It comes in peppered, applewood smoked, plain, and I'm sure others but those are my favs. Also you can get the bacon bit stuff, the odd end cuts for a cheaper price then the normal bacon.
  • pcox0624
    pcox0624 Posts: 20
    Options
    Why don't you put that question out to the pig population, pretty sure they would have some good suggestions for you.....maybe you and Paula Dean can schedule your angiograms at the same time.....two for one special!

Yes:wink:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Might have to go find a butcher around here...

Its totally worth the time to find one.
    Just make a list of all the meat you want ahead of time.. or atleast a rough idea... and dont forget how much freezer space you have. lol.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Wow...someone doesn't eat enough bacon!
  • MrDude_1
    Options

Pigs are horrible about this.
    no matter what you ask about the bacon, pork, or sausage, they eat it all as if its all equally the best.
    Pigs love bacon.
    I wish all pigs I eat would eat more bacon, for that double bacon goodness.
  • d1lazarus
    Options
    Pretty much any bacon is good bacon. But I usually try the local supermarket house brand or go to an old school butcher. And the only way to cook it I have found is in the oven, on a cookie sheet with one of the wire cooling racks. It keeps the bacon up out of the excess grease and turns out just right. A little crunchy and a little chewy. Kinda that in between point.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    Pretty much any bacon is good bacon. But I usually try the local supermarket house brand or go to an old school butcher. And the only way to cook it I have found is in the oven, on a cookie sheet with one of the wire cooling racks. It keeps the bacon up out of the excess grease and turns out just right. A little crunchy and a little chewy. Kinda that in between point.

My husband uses this methond but on the grill. It doesn't smell up the house and it gives it that camping taste. YUMMY!!!!
  • MrDude_1
    Options

you can do that on the grill too for the most awesome bacon possible.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I like to buy bacon ends -- they're so much cheaper, and I tend to chop them into things anyway.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    WOAH WOAH WOAH NOW!!!!!

There is no such thing as bad bacon!

There is bacon that is a bit more tasty than others, but BAD bacon, there is no such thing.

You are going to make bacon have low self esteem, and then it will hide itself and we will all be without bacon.

Shame on you. *shakes head*
  • MrDude_1
    Options

My husband uses this methond but on the grill. It doesn't smell up the house and it gives it that camping taste. YUMMY!!!!

lol, great minds think alike.
    your husband is a smart man.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Boars head bacon is the best.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I don't eat alot of bacon, I love it so once I stop eating I can't quit, but when I do i go to a local farm where I grew up. I used to eat turkey bacon because i thought it was so much better for you but then I found out that it's actually less healthy because of all the fillers they put in it and that it is healthier just to eat the real stuff
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I second the Hormel low sodium! Yum!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options

lol, great minds think alike.
    your husband is a smart man.

Ha! It really is the most yummy way to make it! Unfortunately it usually means I eat too much of it!
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    If you have a Meat House near you - theirs is the best and I can buy just the number of strips I need instead of a pre-packaged amount. Bacon is not something I can allow leftovers of! I also really like North Country Smokehouse (it's a local smokehouse that distributes through the regional grocery stores). If you aren't in the Northeast, try looking for a local farm or smokehouse that provides it, my farmer's market always has some.

bacon.jpg