Crustless Sausage Quiche

Options
bhalter
bhalter Posts: 582 Member
Made this last night for the first time and it was AMAZING. My fiance loves quiche, but hates the crust, so this was perfect for him - I found it on Pinterest and modified it a little to be healthier. It's a little higher in sodium, but I'm new to modifying recipe and tracking sodium, so I'm still learning! My nutrional stats based on the ingredients I used and dividing into 6 servings were: 326 calories, 13g carbs, 14g fat, 36g of protein (!!!!!), 5g sugar, and 942g sodium. I'd like to play around with ingredients in the future because this was definitely a keeper in my house...and very filling!!!

- 1 pkg. lean ground turkey breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fat free small curd cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 bag Kraft Fat Free shredded cheddar cheese (about 1 4/5 cups I believe)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Cook sausage until no longer pink. Crumble and drain. Set aside.

Combine the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, Parmesan, flour, salt, and pepper, in a medium bowl. Blend in food processor until the mixture is smooth (or stir together), about 1 minute. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the sausage. Add the cheddar and blend with a spoon until well mixed. Pour the sausage & egg mixture into the baking dish and smooth out the top.

Bake until set, about 45 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven. It will be puffed up, but will fall slightly as it cools. Allow it to cool slightly. Cut it into squares and serve.

(Original recipe: http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/01/crustless-sausage-cheese-quiche.html)

Replies