Trying to Lose 10lbs in a month WHO'S DOWN?

Options

Replies

• ashleysmom2001
    Options
    I started really trying to lose weight about 2 weeks ago, I have lost about 5 pounds so far, but I have a long way to go. I have a goal of losing 40 lbs. by my birthday in July and another 40 by Christmas, so YES I am in!
  • seairamarie
    Options
    I'm at 119 and my goal is 100-105lbs, but damn 10lbs in a month? I'll give it my best shot! :D
  • boogiewoman1
    Options
    I am totally down with this! I'll be 50 on April 15th. That's a little short of a month.
    I am new here and I dig this support system! Gotta go walk my dog vigorously now before it rains!
  • pozitivenergy816
    pozitivenergy816 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!! TRYING TO LOSE 27 POUNDS BY MY 40TH BIRTHDAY IN JUNE, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I'm no expert but I suggest cutting your calories to 1300 per day no fastfood, nothing but water beverage and at least 5 days a week 45 min cardio
  • boogiewoman1
    Options
    good for you! It's a long haul. Keep up the good attitude.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    This is roughly my goal. I am not going to be mad if I don't hit it. I'll be happy with 7-8 a month. I know it is pretty aggressive to lose at that pace, but hey maybe I'll take advantage of my need to lose a lot bonus. At the moment I am very close to that pace. Started on January 1st and I am down almost 29.

I know things will slow down at some point, but I'll take advantage now! Not planning to adjust my exercise or eating until I get a little lower (around 50 pounds down total or 6 months which ever comes first). Then I can reevaluate my calorie intake and exercise intensity.

I eat 1700 + 25-50% of exercise calories, and workout 3-4X a week with strength + cardio for an hour. And get another miscellaneous 1-1.5 hours of exercise a week.
  • pozitivenergy816
    pozitivenergy816 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm down
  • slose071
    slose071 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to lose 10 lbs in a month..what do I need to do?
  • Jane9118
    Jane9118 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If I can gain 10 lbs in a weekend, surely I can lose 10 in a month. Count me in.
  • anneouel
    anneouel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am up for the challenge... I don't know that I will lose that much in a month because I lost so much the past few months. But its worth a try! 10 lbs would be AMAZING, 5 lbs I would be content with.

you have the same start date as me ^^
  • cheesenbrats
    Options
    I am up for the challenge....Add me
  • JustWantToBeBetter
    Options
    That means 5 pounds in 2 weeks right? Great! thats how much i need to lose before easter ! I'm having this family reunion and the last time i saw them i lost so much weight and they were all so amazed! Then i gained alot back, and i dont want them to see that! But ive been losing the gained weight back, so if i lose 5 more pounds, then ill be only a couple more pounds ( which is hardly noticable) more then i was the last time i saw them ! Count Me In!!:smile::happy:
  • neberle02
    Options
    Im in! Add me too!
  • GingerMoodyPinkard
    Options
    I just joined this site today, I have alot to lose! and will help motivate anyone that wants to help me. I have tryed alot of different diets and healthy eating programs. so yea girl,,, I am down with that....:)
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I am sooo down!!!

Add me for support (Anybody is feel free to add me)
  • sbeck219
    sbeck219 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need a challenge! Im in!
  • Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm down....... 30DS lets get it!! Starting tomorrow!!
  • sillysioux
    Options
    Hi I new here and I would love to lose 10 lbs by my birthday on April 21. What a great gift! I'm in.
  • kondon
    kondon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm down to. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.
  • QuixoticPanda
    QuixoticPanda Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's definitely possible. I lost 10 pounds exactly a month after I started trying to lose weight. I think it's tough to lose 10 pounds in a month if you aren't that overweight. For example, I was 250 lbs to begin with and am now 240 lbs. It would be much harder for an individual that weighed 140 lbs to lose 10 lbs in a month. It really matters what your beginning weight is.