What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
I was browsing for healthy breakfast recipe and found this, it looks delicious! What different things do y'all eat? Give me some ideas!!

Ok, well it won't let me paste it. But you slice up a red bell pepper and lay it in your pan and cook your egg inside it. Then you can put that on a piece of whole wheat bread or toast (i would toast it so it wouldn't get to soggy). It says you can top with a little parmesan. YUMMY!!

Now your ideas!

Replies

• jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I am boring and I eat 1 cup Cheerios Multigrain every morning with 1/2 cup 1% milk.

But this morning I had a meeting and they served scambled eggs and cheese and sausage and bacon. It was super tasty at the time but I have felt all gross and slow all day. :(

That sounds really creative!! I might have to try it. I need a bit of carbs in the morning so that would work.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    That bell pepper and egg thing sounds so simple but so good!

I have two breakfasts, pretty much. Oatmeal with almond milk and berries mixed in, OR half a grapefruit with stevia sprinkled on. And about 4 cups of coffee every day. :)
  • NickBeynon
    Options
    that sounds really good! ill have to give it a try!

Thanks
  • bi0nicw0man
    bi0nicw0man Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Almost always sprouted grain toast with 1 tbsp of almond butter and half of a banana sliced on top.

Or oatmeal cooked with half water/half unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, flax meal, and half of a banana...sometimes with raisins, or almond butter on top.

Or a whole grain English muffin with 1/2 ounce of shredded cheddar cheese (it goes farther if it's shredded), a slice of tomato, and a hard fried egg (no oil).

Yum.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    This, EVERY day. It's worth waking up a tad early for.

break232212.jpg
  • Boonster001
    Options
    I'm an oatmeal girl -- love it and eat it almost every morning!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Porridge / oatmeal with either maple syrup, banana, blueberries and sometimes brown sugar with cinemon
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options

break232212.jpg

is that irish soda bread ?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I skip it and eat later in the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options

break232212.jpg

Please share what all that is and how you make it! It looks delicous!!! I wouldn't be able to eat all that in one sitting.
  • mommy2ans
    mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking if i alternate between this and a yogurt with granola and fruit in the mornings i may make this breakfast thing work :) I'm bad when it comes to nutrition facts though. Are both the fruit and granola good/necessary or should it be one or the other? I definitely want to keep the yogurt in my diet, maybe once for breakfast and then a midday snack bc i read it's a "super food" :)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Would never give up my steel cut oats and skim milk.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

break232212.jpg

wow that is impressive! Can you come make me breakfast
  • mommy2ans
    mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
    Options

break232212.jpg

Please share what all that is and how you make it! It looks delicous!!! I wouldn't be able to eat all that in one sitting.

That raisin toast and bananas look yummy! And i don't even like raisins. Lol. Is that peanut butter on there?
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    2 eggs with a piece of cheese made with 2% milk and either a slice of light wheat toast or pre-cooked small slices of bacon
    or
    a cup of honey bunches of oats with fat free milk
    or
    a cinnamon raisin bagel thin with fresh fruit or small pieces of pre-cooked bacon :)
  • capnwo85
    Options
    Nothing. I skip it and eat later in the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

So why are you even in a breakfast thread? Confused.

It's Ezekiel Cinn Raisin Bread actually. It's awesome.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    Typically something like this:

1 cup of oats or quinoa in 1/2 cup almond milk with cinnamon and a little splenda OR two slices multigrain bread with a little butter PLUS 1 egg plus 3 eggs whites scrambled with veggies (onions, peppers, spinach, mushrooms, etc) and 1/4 cup shredded cheese

Sometimes might add 2 turkey sausages
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options

break232212.jpg

This Looks Amazing!
    I'm a cereal person. Every day.
  • capnwo85
    Options

That raisin toast and bananas look yummy! And i don't even like raisins. Lol. Is that peanut butter on there?

There's 4 Tbsp total of PB in there...lol.
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    2 poached eggs w/ 1tbs of olive oil and a piece of fruit my favorite is an orange I'm not a breakfast person but if I very hungry I add 1/3 cup of rice. Farina cream of wheat is a favorite with almond milk. Or a chocolate whey protein smoothie with frozen strawberries.