Zumba

Options
Does anyone take Zumba classes. I considering signing up for some and wanted to know if anyone had any success with it.

thx.

Replies

• dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    Love zumba. Great calorie burner too. I like it because you have to learn the steps and it helps you forget that you are exercising.
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I go to several classes a week. It's a great workout and alot of fun!!!
  • jafy23
    jafy23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i've done it a few times its alot of fun!!!!! everyone looks just a stupid as you do so you dont seem to care and get more into it

you should def try it
  • blackberrysmom
    Options
    I've been taking Zumba for 2 weeks, 5 classes. I must say I am addicted!! It is the most I have ever sweated in my life. I feel great, and have lots more energy. My instructor said you can burn between 500 - 1000 in an hour depending on your intensity. Go for it!!!!!!
  • keychajones
    Options
    Yes , I have in the pass and I will begin again this Saturday. It's fun , great way to get moving .
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! I've seen online that it can burn around 800 calories for a person my size. That seems pretty extreme though, so I usually count it as 600 to leave room for error. It's fun, too!
  • maria_jason
    maria_jason Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LOVE Zumba and I burn ALOT of calories. I love that it's fun, and doesn't feel like a "workout".
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    I just got Zumba on ps3 last week for my birthday and I absolutely love it! I was sweating by the end of the first 20-minute dance but because I was dancing, it didn't feel like exercise at all. I'm not sure how it stacks up to an actual class, but if it's anything like the game, you'll absolutely love it!
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Zumba is what helped me lose my 30 pounds...I have gained some back but starting to get back into it now and I absolutely love it and my instructor because it is a BLAST!! I say go for it, you won't be disappointed!! Good luck!
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! Just went last night. My instructor is insane!!! She is totally into it and there is this guy up front that gets all into it to. So you just see them having a ball, start laughing and get into it too. It's so much fun and you totally forget you're exercising. It's just dancing. Really feels like a party once you learn all the moves!
  • b417adriana
    b417adriana Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Best workout ever!:smile: After going a few times you don't feel like your working out. Most of time you think its just a really big dance party. :drinker: I love it, go 3x's a week.. It's hard for me to loose weight, but im down 9lbs with zumba, turbo fire and eating healthier. On a 60 min session you would probably burn 500+ calories. :noway:

GOOD LUCK! I hope you like it!
  • Bunn11
    Bunn11 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    love it -off tonight to a class & it's so much fun! Feels like an early start to the wknd as we all have such a laugh + feel pretty good after such a calorie burn!!

enjoy!
  • Crzy4socc3r
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Kinect and I LOVE it! I am not a work out person and I honestly hate going to the gym because I am always thinking down on myself when I see the blonde bombshell on the treadmill. I can do it in my home, can pause it when I need to grab a drink or if the kids get up and need something. I LOVE Zumba because you are focused on getting the moves down that you don't realize you are working out. Then when you are done you are like wow I'm sweating! It's a great thing to get involved in!
  • KathieDee
    KathieDee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I will sign up this weekend.
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Morning! Yes, I Zumba, take a local class at the YMCA on Monday's, and then I have Zumba on Wii at home. Love it!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    wheeeeeee!!! :laugh:

I use a hrm and I average 800-1100 for 1 hr.
    I suck but I have fun which is why I keep going
  • missionmeltdown
    missionmeltdown Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of any good Zumba videos I could buy for family members? They love it, but are sometimes not able to make it for various reasons.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I would like to buy a dvd also... i have no game system just the player. My daughter loves Zumba and i would like to pick up a dvd for here, and well me too as it sounds like a blast
  • beckys19
    beckys19 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like my Zumba classes! I'm not very coordinated and it takes me a while to learn new steps/combinations, but it's fun. :) Remember to bring some water, and if you have large breasts, it helps to get a no-bounce sports bra....:blushing:

...although I wouldn't recommend going on an incline treadmill before class- got to the Y early last week and decided to burn a few extra cals, I was HURTING, lol!