Readers: Any Fiction Reading Suggestions?

Options

Replies

• Superstar_81
    Superstar_81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Kathy Reichs books are great and I really like Lee Child's series of books as well!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Oh! I enjoyed the books that "Rizzoli and Isles" is based on as well!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tess_Gerritsen
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ericka Lutz first novel just released to rave reviews "The Edge of Maybe"

http://www.amazon.com/The-Edge-Maybe-Ericka-Lutz/dp/0982708459/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332540345&sr=1-1

I could not put it down once I started. You just want to know what happens.
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    I really enjoyed most of the Temprence Brennan novels by Kathy Reichs. I think there are 10 books total (maybe more or less). The books are what the show "Bones" is loosely based on but the book has different characters and Brennan is pretty "normal" compared to her "Bones" counterpart.

They're crime novels for the most part with some romance drama thrown in but it's not overwhelming. I'm not big into romance but it's a nice balance.

WOW, I did not know that! I love that show, I had no idea about the books. I'm definitely going to give those a read now.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Anything be Nelson DeMille
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Anything by Robert Goddard, he writes modern based mysteries with a historical slant and is difficult to second guess.

Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky, contempory novel set in France at the start of Nazi occupation.

And some of my fav classics - Brideshead Revisited, Bleak House, Dracula and Persuasion.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for when I'm finished with Hunger Games. Can't wait to check out some of these books!

is this the same as 'Battle Royale'? - been thinking of getting them but it annoys me when somethings too similar to something else
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    sorry OP, anything by Michael Connolly - love Harry Bosch and his brother the lawyer - can't remember his name (lincon lawyer etc)
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed most of the Temprence Brennan novels by Kathy Reichs. I think there are 10 books total (maybe more or less). The books are what the show "Bones" is loosely based on but the book has different characters and Brennan is pretty "normal" compared to her "Bones" counterpart.

They're crime novels for the most part with some romance drama thrown in but it's not overwhelming. I'm not big into romance but it's a nice balance.

WOW, I did not know that! I love that show, I had no idea about the books. I'm definitely going to give those a read now.

My Aunt bought me the first five or so as a gift once and I blew through in no time!
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Yes. Goodreads.com. I'm on there under Ceanne. It's
    great!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I've read some amazing books recently.
    Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson- probably one of the BEST books I've ever read
    The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb- Fantastic but really long.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Birth House by Ami McKay. Great book! Also - Still Alice. Excellent read about early onset Alzheimers. Very real. Both are highly recommended!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    The Help, To Kill a Mocking Bird..
  • Karenmm1960
    Karenmm1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Big fan of Wilbur Smith. :happy:
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    A couple more suggestions...The Help was a great read. I love the Outlandervseries by Diana Gabaldon, and hilarious lite mysteries, by the numbers series by Janet evanovich. Enjoy!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading "The Boy in the Suitcase" - I like it so far

Other recent books I read & enjoyed:
    Someone Knows My Name
    Adrenaline
    The Hunger Games Trilogy
    The Kitchen House
    The Memory Keeper's Daughter
    Sister
    Before I Go to Sleep
    What Alice Forgot
    The Cotton Malone Series by Steve Berry (historical thrillers)
    The Language of Flowers
    When Darkness Falls
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Also - Still Alice. Excellent read about early onset Alzheimers.

I agree - this was a good one. And it's told from the perspective of the person who has it, not the family members dealing with them.
  • Aryel168
    Aryel168 Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm an avid reader, though I pretty much stick strictly with the thriller, mystery genre.

I love, love, love:

Linwood Barclay
    Lisa Gardner
    John Sanford
    Janet Evanovich (Plum Series)
    Patricia Cornwell (Scarpetta Series)
    Harlan Coben (Bolitar Series)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Anything by Janet Evanovich - her Stephanie Plum books are an excellent read - crime, romance, comedy... and her characterisation is spot on. Why these have never been made into movies is beyond me!

Anything by Val McDermid - this woman is the Godmother of Crime Fiction. She's not for the faint-hearted, but has written three different series of books as well as a number of stand-alone novels.

I'm a big crime-fiction fan, and being a Scot, I love Scots writers so I can highly recommend Ian Rankin, Stuart MacBride, Alex Gray, Denise Mina amongst others.

Similarly, Scandinavia has produced some wonderful crime authors: Steig Larsson, Henning Mankell, Lisa Marklund, Jo Nesbø